Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Recommendations for a 50 Egg Incubator  (Read 2424 times)

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Recommendations for a 50 Egg Incubator
« on: May 14, 2015, 08:11:52 pm »
We've presently got a collection of incubators of varying ages and nationalities but need more capacity.  Advice on what you like or don;t like about any of the models out there would be most welcome.

nutterly_uts

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Jersey - for now :)
Re: Recommendations for a 50 Egg Incubator
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 08:19:37 pm »
I was going to comment about the incy I used to have but on googling, was only a 25egger so I'll just follow with interest :)

Ignore that :) Turns out is WAS a 50 egger :)

http://www.theincubatorshop.co.uk/products/details/corti-50-full-auto.html

It was really easy to use, a flat blue base with moveable dividers - for hatching you place one flat either side of the base to prevent chicks from falling under. I hatched all sizes of eggs and they fitted in nicely. It held temperature really well but I didn't use the provided hygrometer/thermometer - I bought my own that sat down with the eggs and I had really successful hatches each time - eggs through the post from various sellers in poly boxes and bubble wrap with around 90% hatch rate of fertile eggs - I had phenomenal success with silkies (100% fertile hatches every time) but when I tried to hatch orps I got 1/6 at a time. It held humidity really well and I had no problems. When I am able to get another incy, it'll be this one again I think
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 08:26:52 pm by nutterly_uts »

nutterly_uts

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Jersey - for now :)
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 08:30:27 pm »

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 09:10:47 pm »
A neighbour has loaned me a Covatutto 54 but hasn't used it for ages and can't find the instruction book.  Anyone out there got any tips for this one, please?

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 07:07:10 am »
Our Covatutto24 didn't come with a book Marches Farmer, so we got the instructions from the internet.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 10:55:58 am »
Thank you.  I found a rather hilarious translation that's given us some chuckles as well as useful information.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS