Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Its been a while!  (Read 1208 times)

Pony-n-trap

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Its been a while!
« on: May 12, 2015, 10:56:43 am »
Hi everyone! 

Been a long time since I was last on the forum, life does kinda get in the way sometimes!  Well after a couple of up and down years, losing grazing so hence selling my breeding ewes with lambs at foot and having to part with one of my horses, we then secured an SLDT for 20 acres and have 2 dexter cows with heifer calves at foot and a beef steer that is almost ready to go, we did winter 3 ex bottle lambs along with a wether, a hogget and our pet sheep Diddles, just Didds and the smallest of the lambs remain now, the rest went to the slaughterhouse on Sunday and should be in the freezer by the end of the week.  Hoping to get to the mart on Friday to see if there are any cade lambs to start again with.

First eruption of the incubator this year saw six chicks hatched from eggs bought at the first rare breeds sale of the year, both incys are humming again now with a total of 28 eggs between them, hoping to get a couple of trios out of the hatch in order to attempt to breed on from the rare strains that I am incubating, also finally have a stunning Scots Dumpy cockerel so along with his 4 Scots Dumpy wives, hope to breed on from them.

Veg garden is still an empty pig area, I do have a couple of teeny tiny veg beds and a grow house to attempt growing something though!  Sadly still having a problem getting private kills for pigs so not had any for a while.

Think that's about it, my horses had to move when we lost our first grazing so they are not contributing to the smallholding at the moment but that could change!

Anyway, glad to be back, am surprised I remembered my password!  ;D

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Its been a while!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 12:21:51 pm »
Hello and welcome back. Sounds as if you have had an eventful time but things seem to be settling down again  :thumbsup:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Its been a while!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 02:15:10 pm »
Welcome back! :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS