Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Smallholder's show/Spring festival Buillth Wells  (Read 9903 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Smallholder's show/Spring festival Buillth Wells
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 12:17:07 am »
Linda, do you fancy meeting up for a coffee or something? Last time I went, Tizaala arranged for several of us to meet and it was great to put faces to names. Anyone else going to be there on the Saturday.

I'll be visiting the goats, of course.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 07:45:10 am »
Sunday for us - we will be the only ones there!

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 08:46:16 am »
Well I'll be there both days obviously.  Busy on Saturday morning and probably need to be nearby most of the time but I intend to have a good look about the rest as well.
A meet up in the afternoon  would be good.
I think there's a grassy area between the angora building and the poultry and near all the other goats.  Not sure if it's being used for showing or if that's indoors again this year.
Mrs.'Uponeacre' is coming with me on Saturday and 'Uponeacre' on Sunday and I think Amanda from Montgomery smallholders group is coming on Sunday.

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 09:22:27 pm »
I'm going on Sunday so hopefully might bump into some of you there. :wave:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 11:06:02 pm »
What time suits people in the afternoon?

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 12:36:19 pm »
 :excited:   Well much to my amazement I got a first and third for the two goats I'd entered and a first and fourth for the two fleeces.

I've never had rosettes for anything before.
I'm really chuffed with the first for the fleece as it's from a goat I've bred myself.

Problem now is I'd almost convinced myself to get rid of the angoras because they're too costly and too much hassle.  This has renewed my enthusiasm for them but doesn't give me any more hours in the day.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 01:48:02 pm »
Wow, well done  :thumbsup:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2015, 03:38:26 pm »
Glad you did well, Dogwalker. Your goats are lovely. I did see them. I saw you as well but you were talking to someone so I went to see the Boers until you were free but when I came back you had disappeared. I had a good look at all the fleeces and I am now determined to have a go at spinning some angora.

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 08:49:00 pm »
Sorry I missed you, I saw a few people I know but I think only Susanna from here.

Give me a shout when you'd like a mohair fleece and I can send you one.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2015, 12:31:34 am »
Ooh yes please. Are you far from Wrexham? Have to take a couple of goats there in two weeks so could collect.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2015, 06:44:16 am »
And are you now hooked on showing? ;) I love it. A day out with your dog/goat/poultry/canaries or whatever, meeting old friends, making new ones and maybe a bit of  :trophy: too!
Well done on your wins and remember, however well or not you do you always take the best one home!

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2015, 09:19:23 pm »
MGofM-bit too far from Wrexham, I'm near Llanidloes, posting might be easier.

DL- I did enjoy it, just exhausting getting up at 4.30 to do the all the jobs first and get there for 8am each day.  I'm still feeling tired and have loads of things to catch up on that I would have done over the weekend.
Learned alot from the experienced breeders.
I'm not making any immediate decisions about the way to go until after this weekends visitors and kidding still to come.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2015, 09:55:16 pm »
I was disappointed, very little agriculture/lots of kitchenalia. I needed a new flexi drive for my Lister - nothing. Or a battery Horner set up - there was one but the special show price was 20% higher than the online one and actually I felt there was very little to see there in general for your entry fee. My son enjoyed the chicken shed though.  ???

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2015, 11:28:33 pm »
MGofM-bit too far from Wrexham, I'm near Llanidloes, posting might be easier.

Just looked at the map. I hadn't realised you were so far over. Post it is then. Let me know when they are ready and how much.  :D

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2015, 11:47:16 am »
I'll get it organised after the weekend, too much else to think about the next few days, I think my brain has seized up with overload.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS