Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Spiralizer  (Read 2521 times)

xillent

• Joined Jan 2009
Spiralizer
« on: May 08, 2015, 05:34:39 pm »
I plan to buy the Smout a Spiralizer. What's our opinion? Which is best?

Apparently vertical ones are easier to use and stick to worksurface better etc??

xillent

• Joined Jan 2009
Re: Spiralizer
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 09:16:27 pm »
bump!

Surely someone knows?

Bex

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Wales
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 11:23:52 pm »
What's a smout and what's a spiralizer?

???
Little bugs have lesser bugs upon their backs to bite 'em. And lesser bugs have lesser bugs and so ad infinitum!

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 05:17:38 pm »
I believe it's a devise for cutting veg into spirals ???

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 06:00:47 pm »
So what's a smout?

Veganpixie

• Joined May 2015
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 10:53:25 am »
I LOVE spiralisers! It's a device for cutting various vegetables into long strips - much like spaghetti. I've spiralised everything from carrots and courgettes, to sweet potatoes and radish! I use it as a substitute for spaghetti, for salads, and stir fries. You can also spiralise onions and potatoes and grill for a potato rosti!

The hand-held ones are okay, but not ideal as they can be hard to hold and turn on the harder veg.
The on I have is a Lurch "Spirali". It has suckers to stick to the counter top, and 3 different blades for differed sized cutting. They're not expensive either :). Be careful when you buy the counter top ones though as my mum bought one ( a different brand to mine) and you REALLY have to force the veg through.
Hope that helped a little!
If you want veg ribbons but don't have a spiraliser, a decent veg peeler can help :).

xillent

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 09:01:48 pm »
Sorry, the Smout is my missus

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS