Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Purple Spray  (Read 2178 times)

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Purple Spray
« on: April 27, 2015, 07:39:35 pm »
So this morning one of my colleagues looked at my hands and said "What did you get up to at the weekend then?  You didn't rob another bank did you?"

:roflanim:
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: Purple Spray
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 07:51:40 pm »
downside of animals and an office job!!!

Factotum

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 08:30:07 pm »
I got in the way of a cow who really didn't want to be jagged with anti-bs... She's got a touch of mastitis, so needs anti-bs and stripping out.

I was holding the tail end pole in place so it didn't fall out and expose OH to a kicking, but got my hand between the crush and the pole - and it got squashed.

Cue large swelling, immersion in a bucket of cold water, and glorious technicolour bruising. It's now got to the purple stage - who needs purple spray anyway?

Sue

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 08:05:50 am »
That sounds painful, Factotum, hope it's soon better. You don't need purple hands to advise folk that you deal with livestock though. Last Christmas I had a frantic 'phone call from my daughter, PLEEEEEESE could I go to the children's Nativity, she had a crisis at work!!
Well of course I could and did! But had to go straight from the land, wellies and all. I found a seat and sat down.......the lady to my left gave a nervous smile and moved down one seat, the man to my right (already one seat away) moved down one more. I had a quick sniff at the sleeve of my jacket and realised why. An (I thought) attractive whiff of sheep, a little eau de pig but perhaps I put on a little too much of the poultry and dog!!!!!!!

Factotum

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 08:16:39 am »
Ah, yes - the aromatic trail we leave behind us...

I smell of milk at the mo - giving calfies a hug does mean you get covered in milky slobber, and they seem to  love tasting overalls and any other stuff within reach.

Smell or not, I wouldn't have it any other way.  ;D

Sue

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 08:47:30 am »
Try going to the supermarket it clears your path and shortens the queue at the checkout
 :roflanim

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 07:36:15 pm »
I emptied a service station toilets when we stopped while travelling a male goat in a van.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS