Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Selling Goats Milk  (Read 2514 times)

sarahdean_66

• Joined May 2012
  • Yelling Cambridgeshire
Selling Goats Milk
« on: April 18, 2015, 08:17:40 am »
HI I can't find much info on selling raw goats milk for people, I understand I can sell it for animal consumption and that I need a licence to sell to people but cant find what licence or who from so what I need to comply with to get one!  Also is there any regulations to selling goats milk soap as you don't consume it! Thanks guys.[/size][/font]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 08:49:30 am by sarahdean_66 »

Melmarsh

• Joined May 2014
Re: Selling Goats Milk
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 06:57:33 pm »
Contact your local environmental department they should be able to help. There will undoubtedly be all manner of hoops for you to jump through start ing with where you milk etc. Good Luck with that :relief:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 12:05:51 am »
There are regulations for selling soap that you've made. Plumseverywhere is the one to ask as she has her own soap-making business.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 09:26:35 am »
Sarahdean - Loads of regulations for soap!

1) you need to get your recipe assessed by a cosmetic safety expert (google Scott Grainger, he's fantastic!)  this will set you back a couple of hundred pounds potentially.

2)  Insurance - approx £80 - google Ian Wallace Craft insurer, they are very good.

3) You have to register with the EU cosmetics portal - this is a mega faff and a huge pain in the bum but we all have to do it or go to prison. It involves uploading every recipe, batch, pictures, labels etc etc

4) Let Trading standards know you are selling

5) Register with the tax peeps and fill in a return annually.

Email me lisa@itsbaaathtime.com  if I can help in anyway, soap makers can be a funny bunch who are reluctant to share info or tips (mainly because we all had to learn the hard way because those before us were a funny bunch, reluctant to share info or tips.....  ::)   )   so long as you aren't based within 10 miles of me I'll willingly help lol

Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS