Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Gordon Brown selling Dover to France  (Read 7051 times)

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
Gordon Brown selling Dover to France
« on: February 09, 2010, 06:31:57 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249194/Dover-symbol-British-sovereignty-sold-French-help-reduce-debt.html

How is this for treason  ? The PM of the former UK , is selling The white cliffs of Dover and Dover port ..... to the French  !!!  And we ... the people of the former UK, will let him do it ....

Oh and even the Spitfire in the picture , is a Polish squadron !!!!  The people who died to keep Britain free must be turning in their graves ....they died for nothing . Tony Blair and Gordon Brown have done what Hitler couldn't do ... they have destroyed the former UK manufacturing base , sold off the British banks and other big companies , and now they are selling the ground from under our feet.  ;D

cheers

Russ
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 09:55:47 pm by RUSTYME »

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
Re: Gordon Brown selling Dover to France
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 08:24:34 pm »
Um actually they are suggesting that the port of Dover is sold, not the cliffs  ;D Also, it hasn't happened yet - it is merely a suggestion by an advisor in order to make more money.

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 08:50:15 pm »
This is like an early April Fools joke - surely it won't happen, will it?

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 09:06:07 pm »
oh right yes ... silly me ... JUST the port of Dover !!!!! which is owned by ?   Gordon Brown  ? err no , by the people of the former UK ... but what the hec .. he sold nearly all our gold reserves for next to nothing , so why shouldn't he do the same here ....the Port of Dover isn't all he is putting up for sale  !!!!  :o ;D ;D

cheers

Russ

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 09:21:18 pm »
The port of Dover is a business, just like any other business that has been sold before in order to privatise it. I think the Daily Mail sensationalises stories like this, and people don't read, but just come to conclusions. The advisor is a broker from Standard Life, and it is just one of the many suggestions put forward to reduce the country's debts. It doesn't mean that Gordon Brown is going to do it, does it?

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 09:42:23 pm »
oh my God ....STOP NEWS .... a newspaper sensationalising a story ? whatever next ..... :o :o :o ;D  Almost as shocking as the thought of MP's fiddling their expenses .....never in a million years ..... :o
Yep ....sell all our assets to reduce the countries debts...and who was chancellor while we got into the cr*p hole we are in .... good ole GB ...the C of the E  who sold about 60% of our gold when it was at its lowest value in nearly half a century , yep what a man eh ... I feel safe knowing he is looking after us ....oooops .... sorry .. no he isn't is he ... he gave that privilege away too . We are 'ruled' by the EU now not by the honourable ? people in  Westminster !!!  ::) ;D

cheers

Russ

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 10:13:29 pm »
Always a VERY bad sign when someone tries to sell the family silver to pay a few debts..... I'm with Rusty on this. Technically I shouldn't care as I'm Irish. However, Rustys right, men and women sacrificed their lives for your freedom....and for what.....30 pieces of silver comes to mind

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 07:38:38 am »
Playing devils advocate here and will not get into a political discussion - but - perhaps the people who died for our freedom might like to think of their ageing relatives getting good hospital treatment, or their great grandchildren getting schooling rather than the UK going along the Greek route. If it became a choice of reducing health care, help for the elderly and the very poor or selling the family jewels (hey the contents of the tower of London comes to mind here) then socially it should be considered ....
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 07:41:46 am by Hilarysmum »

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 08:19:17 am »
Lyn, maybe if the 'ol politico's didn't have such hefty salaries, pensions, expenses etc......indeed maybe if you didn't pay your bankers obscene salaries.....maybe if your football players paid a little more tax....maybe, just maybe just maybe there'd be a few schillings more in the public purse. In saying you, I mean the British people, not you personally Lyn  ;D

I hope the health service is as good in France as I remember it Lyn....but i'm sure a lot has changed since I lived there 16-17 yrs ago.

If it's of any consolation to yee all, and i'm sure it's not, exactly the same crap is going on here in Ireland. I can never understand how our country that was born out of revolution and bloodshed, became so soft in such a few short years. Maybe if  'Beal na mBlath' had never happened things would be different (I can hear the Google search engines running!)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 09:37:08 am »
As I said I'm playing devils advocate . ...

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 11:55:13 am »
Playing devils advocate here and will not get into a political discussion - but -

yes thats fine HM ...but if you don't want to get into a political discussion ...why comment in one ?  Sorry but 'Devils advocate' drives me potty ...it is just another way of saying I will put my point of view forward , but I don't want anyone to question me about it  !!! or I will chuck a huge pile of cr*p at the fan and then sit back and watch what happens !!! Well why not just say "in my opinion" , whats wrong with that ? We all have different ones and are perfectly entitled to do so.
 I am not having a dig or being stroppy HM ... it is just that ' Devils advocate ' really does get up my nose ....

cheers

Russ

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 11:59:33 am »
I'm referring to the article Rusty, and not the whole political situation. There is a difference in reading the article, and jumping to conclusions, and acting as though it will be happening, and reading the article, and actually seeing what is being written. As for a newspaper sensationalising a story,  it shouldn't happen, but it does in order to sell papers. The original role of the media is to report FACTUALLY, not write articles like this in order to create fear in already frightened people.

PS: Thatcher was the one who privatised the national companies, and destroyed the manufacturing base.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 12:09:38 pm by sagehen »

Old Empty Barn

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 01:24:29 pm »
Anyone who votes for Liebour at the next election should be sectioned ....... Bliar, Broon & co have ruined the annexe of the EU that was once called Great Britain !

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 04:44:25 pm »
Rusty you have your opinion, sorry if Im driving you mad.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 05:16:59 pm »
  no probs HM .... ::) ;D  YOU aren't driving me mad at all really mate ....but the DA thing does get at me a tad .... the modern internet vernacular would be 'trolling' !!!  ;D (well almost !! ;D) .

cheers

Russ

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS