Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I am getting goats  (Read 1412 times)

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
I am getting goats
« on: April 08, 2015, 03:10:54 pm »
After failing to procure boers for meat, doing something else:
I'm getting two Anglo Nubian kids, Wethers, been disbudded.   :) I've been on about getting goats for so long (about 5 years) and not got round to it so just want to start somewhere and see how we get on. If we do well, I'll extend the herd.

Love the idea of breaking them to harness. Once trained a Shetland pony to drive (years ago!) and my dog will pull too, so hopefully two goats will prove possible  :)  I have since read that Anglo Nubians can be tricky to train, but then I've also seen photographs of them in action, so we'll see.

They are only 8 weeks, getting them in another few weeks time. Will continue bottle feeding them a little while so that they bond with me (and my little son)

:excited:

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: I am getting goats
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 03:34:32 pm »
Are they disbudded? If you have young children always worth making sure of...

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 06:59:29 pm »

:excited:                                                        :excited:

:excited:                    :excited:     

:excited:                                           :excited:
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 07:14:04 pm »
Yes, he's had them Disbudded for me. £20 each to have it done. He said they had gas and air and an hour later they were bouncing around like they'd never had it done.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 03:36:01 am »
 :goat: :goat:  YAAAY.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS