Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Project chicken house is now completed  (Read 1937 times)

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
Project chicken house is now completed
« on: March 28, 2015, 02:51:56 pm »
We had to move the chicken to a new part on the farm so took the opportunity to build a new house as their old shed had serious red mite issues last year. 3 weeks after starting, we completed it yesterday. Being a farmer my partner is a dab hand at making things. Just need to put some DE on the perches and it's good to go... move in day is tomorrow morning  :excited: My plan is to put bark/wood chippings down once they have scratched the grass away.

Dave C

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Teesdale, Co Durham
Re: Project chicken house is now completed
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 07:29:25 pm »
Nice job

And nice looking Spaniel as well  :thumbsup:

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 07:58:44 pm »
Good old Rosie, been through the mill recently with a caesarean in November and spay in February... her daughter was running around somewhere in the pen too- digging holes probably :roflanim:

Looking forward to getting the chooks in now :excited:

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 09:22:56 am »
Yay, well done. What's the floor made of? Does it rest on pallets?
And where did you get those funky plastic boxes? All I could find as nest boxes is boring beige cat carriers.

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 10:26:57 am »
It's screwed to 2 pallets so you can pick it up with the tractor and move if necessary. Should also stop the floor rotting out being off the ground.

I got the litter boxes from the range, a tenner each I think was money well spent ???? moved the hens this morning, they approve of their new living quarters????

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS