Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goslings hatching  (Read 4751 times)

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Re: Goslings hatching
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 11:35:38 am »
The constant cheeping is not adorable though, ( is this normal )

Just wait another 6 months, then you'll be wishing for the cheeping again!  ;D

Seriously, unless they're cheeping because they're cold, it's nothing to worry about. Are you sure yours are warm enough?
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

mentalmilly

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 01:37:54 pm »
Oh yes they are warm enough Womble, l think it is attention seeking.  When they see me they start and it can go on for a while when l leave them.  Getting better though as the day goes on.  Not warm enough yet to take them outside, too windy. Thanks for the tips though nice to know they are normal.

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 02:34:12 pm »
My first hatch last year was a singleton and the cheeping was unbelievable. I have to keep them in a closed room because of the cats and so every time he was alone he would just shout and shout. He was only here for about four days before I took him into school to live for a wee while with their day old ducklings and the kids had the benefit of his shouting instead. Relief! He didn't come back until he was old enough to live outside and was then lonely for constant human company instead.

H

mentalmilly

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 03:43:18 pm »
I am glad l hatched 2 Hester they can keep each other company. Didn`t realise how loud they are.  Wonder if l got some ducklings for company if it would make them quieter.  They are really cute though.  Haven`t  reached the head banging stage yet.  Mine not theirs.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS