Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The Bubbles DeVere Diaries.  (Read 11340 times)

Farmer Giles

• Joined Dec 2007
The Bubbles DeVere Diaries.
« on: May 13, 2008, 07:06:56 am »
Well all, and I trust you all are.

We are here in Obterre with beautiful sunshine and the stunning blossom on some of the trees, isn't life great?

For those interested Bubbles has been at it again and I am hoping to add a post later with her latest exploits concerning two hens and a mud bath :o :o

I know that perhaps the 'life and times of a Large White' it isn't to everyones taste but I think that maybe a slight distraction from the 'norm' and a true tale of a rather comical pig along with my, dare I say, flowered anecdotes just helps lighten the load of daily life.

Just wondering whether is it something that you enjoy or would you rather a more sensible approach in my postings as after all it is more of an information forum??

All the best all
FG

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: The Bubbles DeVere Diaries.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 07:34:16 am »
Yes please,

Sitting comfortably and waiting..........

Carole

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 07:36:03 am »
Me, to. I love the tales of Mrs DeVere, in FG's inimitable style!

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 07:59:18 am »
Bring it on FG!

Kate  :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 08:34:03 am »
hehe brilliant, :)

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 09:03:16 pm »
Still waiting....................

carole

Farmer Giles

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 07:23:55 am »
Hang fire guys, just a little busy mending punctures and trying to get things done whilst the weather is good.

At some point today, I promise ;)

FG

mad dogs and us two

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Nr St Hilaire
    • La Croix Bourge
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 07:40:15 am »
Hi there
Got room for one more?
Steve
Ain't life grand!

Farmer Giles

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 10:31:54 am »
This is the tale of how I heard a commotion in the pig pen and stood watching as Bubbles got a couple of hens to administer to her needs. A bit embelished but what the heck ;D ;D ;D   

In your minds eye picture the following scene, a verdant lush green field with buttercups nodding gaily in the breeze whilst mother duck ushers her young along at a pace to the safety of the hedgerow that borders said field and the large pond with ample nourishment beyond. Far over in one corner is an uninviting brown muddied area that looks a little like a Taiwanese mud wrestling arena ready and waiting for the next heavily overweight contestants.

Quietly snoozing in a freshly dug wallow is our own Bubbles DeVere who in a previous life was star of stage and screen with handsome suitors and minions to wait on her every whim with whatever she wanted at her beck and call, she craved the same attention but how could she succeed with her dream?? (well from the grunts and twitching as she slumbered that is my interpretation!!) but what has happened?? her agent no longer sends a pigeon with a request for an appearance, her suitors have found younger and slightly, dare I say, more attractive porcine companions. The lackeys feign after more up and coming 'stars' and those damn so called one hit wonders who, to her annoyance' are now everywhere. She will not be forgotten or in fact beaten.

Next to her wallow is the food trough which on more than one occasion has been knocked over and the food has been spilt, this in turn attracts the hens who busy themselves picking away at the oats and wheat that have been ground into flour and cover an area around the trough. Bubbles is awoken by the busy clucking of two hens  (Gregorina Peck & Samantha Peckinpah) darting hither and yon devouring the grain and flour from around her. Bubbles is soon to spot that some food has stuck to the trough and the hens are pecking like mad to remove this adhered food and gorge themselves. She watches intently and then raises herself up, her mind has gone into overdrive and she has had an idea. Quickly she finds a moistened patch of ground and proceeds to roll around, it is necessary to be quick as she needs the remaining food to be at hand. She is happy with her lot as she rises, it is apparent to her that all is not lost and she will be returned to the status quo in some small way of her previous dreamed of existence. A Jay sat and preening itself in a nearby willow watches the debacle unfold

Gregorina & Samantha look on intently as Bubbles approaches and then meanders to right where they have been busying themselves then without a care for their safety lie's right where they have been pecking, the 'girls' run off squawking in fright but from a distance stare to see what's afoot. Bubbles rolls around ensuring that the remaining grain and flour sticks to the mud that she has now partly covered in. The 'girls' return after a short time in some trepidation as they are unsure as to why the large pink thing suddenly arrived in their space and, by their simple understanding,  attempted to squash them to death. Nothing in fact could be further from the truth, Bubbles was using that age old adage 'where there's a will there's a way' to regain a taste of the star status she once held dear.

Excellent she thinks, all I have to do is wait, and not too long thankfully. Keeping virtually motionless she lazes beneath the warmth of the sun and soon feels the gentle touch of a beak pulling at the food that is stuck to her. Then a short while after it is two beaks cleaning her and administering soothing touches to her skin. Ah bliss. The minutes roll by and soon it gets better as she feels the feet of the hens on her back gently massaging and the beaks cleaning, this is what she wants and needed. Soon she is half asleep as her new found minions do as she had become accustomed to before. Now she knows there is no need to worry about her status. She is content very content, she has arrived where once she was and is back to stay. As she rest's in a half daze a sudden thought crosses her mind, if only she had a suitor her every wish would be fulfilled. Her head raised slightly and turn's to look toward the pen of Elliot the young boar of just 8 months, he will be mine she thought and here maybe hangs a further tale!!!!

mad dogs and us two

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Nr St Hilaire
    • La Croix Bourge
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 10:50:43 am »
That was brilliant, amazing how intelligent and crafty so called 'dumb animals' can be!!!

Steve
Ain't life grand!

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 11:48:36 am »
Wonderful!!!  I feel a children's book beginning to emerge!
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 02:33:07 pm »
Wow sunset boulevard revisited.  Andrew LW eat your heart out.   :pig: :pig: :pig:

More please  (as Hilary would say NOW!!!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 08:48:22 pm »
Excellent!

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 09:00:00 pm »
brilliant :)

Linz

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 10:57:27 pm »
'It's the way he tells em' - fab as always.

Kate  :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS