Author Topic: orfe  (Read 19227 times)

Thyme

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Machynlleth, Powys
Re: orfe
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2015, 05:05:57 pm »
Orf plus bacterial friends/lymphangitis

Guess you should have used the blue spray!  ;D
Shetland sheep, Copper Marans chickens, Miniature Silver Appleyard ducks, and ginger cats.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2015, 05:56:23 pm »
Yes I now look like a 6 foot smurf and the Orf will be better in another 4 weeks so it must work ;)

:thumbsup: < that is not a smiley its a photo of my giant swollen hands! 

MrsJ

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2015, 09:26:16 pm »
 :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2015, 01:57:45 pm »
 :o I hope you already have a partner cos im not fancying your chances on on any dates looking like that   :D

You poor soul.......it looks gruesome.
Is it time to retire yet?

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2015, 06:17:57 pm »
Fortunately it will soon pass and I will be back to my normal, drop dead gorgeous, heart-stoppingly handsome self  :bow:

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2015, 07:05:51 pm »
well that's nice to hear  :D

Blacksheep

• Joined May 2008
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2015, 10:14:08 am »
A friend tried an antiviral coldsore ointment on her lambs with Aciclovir  in it and said it worked within a couple of days.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2015, 12:21:03 pm »
A friend tried an antiviral coldsore ointment on her lambs with Aciclovir  in it and said it worked within a couple of days.

That's very interesting.  Sorry, but I couldn't see why it had to be whispered ;)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Blacksheep

• Joined May 2008
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2015, 12:25:51 pm »

That's very interesting.  Sorry, but I couldn't see why it had to be whispered ;)

oops thanks Sally not sure how that happened I didn't mean to whisper it!!

Not sure if it is something if aciclovir is/will be available from vets in products as an antiviral treatment, but I imagine the coldsore ointment could be viable to use if in a limited number of lambs.

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2015, 02:40:24 pm »
Our lambs are 2 weeks into their orf and starting to show signs of clearing up... still not a nice sight though. There seems to be a shortage of scabivax this year, our vets have said there's a 3 week wait so whilst we have some on order it's just fingers crossed the other 4 in their pen don't get it.

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2015, 01:10:39 pm »
How's your attractive infection , Me?  :-J

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS