Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Warped  (Read 1506 times)

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
Warped
« on: March 20, 2015, 05:35:31 am »
and weaving on my new rigid heddle loom.

I got a secondhand but unused brand new Ashford 16". 

Warped it up yesterday afternoon.  It only took just under 2 hours from clearing the space on the table to weaving the first few rows.  It's so much easier to use than the old one.

Really pleased with it.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Warped
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 11:12:32 am »
Excellent  :thumbsup:   Looking forward to a pic once you've woven a bit more.

I have too much else to do at the moment and am promising myself that weaving will be my prize once I've done (nearly) everything else.   My Kromski Harp keeps casting resentful looks my way that she's sitting there naked still, but it won't be long.  Weaving is so satisfying and so creative, I'm very keen to get going.  Meanwhile I love reading about how everyone else is doing.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 01:43:40 pm »
Yes, the rigid heddle is easy to warp up and so much quicker. Well done.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 05:17:14 pm »
Great stuff  :thumbsup:.  You've got the same loom as me, then  :D.  What an easy thing it is to use.  I can pop it in the boot and take it to one of my spinning groups (if the lambs allow, it'll be going to Guild with me tomorrow), I can use it on my lap sitting in my armchair, resting on a collapsible table.  Warping is quick and simple - I'm impatient to master all the techniques now, so I can get on and weave with my handspun!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS