Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Holding Number?!  (Read 5298 times)

smith032

• Joined Oct 2011
Holding Number?!
« on: March 19, 2015, 09:41:23 pm »
Hi, I'm after some advice!!!
We currently have a small holding in Lincolnshire and we have a CPH number but in July we are moving to the west of Scotland to a farm! :) (very exciting!)
My question is as the farm in scotland has its CPH number do we use that number or do we use ours or apply for a new one??
Hope this makes sense?!
Any help is greatly appreciated!!

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Holding Number?!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 09:53:01 pm »
CPH is County/Parish/Holding so it goes with the land or property so you won't be able to use the one from where you live now.

I don't know the Scottish system but I'm sure there are lots of people on here that do ;)  so I'm sure one of them will post very soon and let you know whether you keep the existing one for the Scottish property and just let the authority know or will need a new one.

NicandChic

• Joined Oct 2013
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 10:29:38 pm »
Fab where abouts smith032 were on the west coast  :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 12:04:45 pm by NicandChic »

smith032

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 07:49:15 am »
Thanks!
We will be on Kintyre, if all the last bits come together, which I'm sure they will!!

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 08:05:37 am »
In England the CPH is linked to the person, not just the land.  I had my own for sheep/goats while my OH had one in a partnership with other family members for the dairy farm.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 08:09:51 am »
scotland is the opposite its the land not the person,

in theory the number of the new place should transfer with the property but not always for example if they are selling off part of a larger holding in which case you would need a new number.

smith032

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 08:26:02 am »
Thanks Bloomer!
We are buying all of the farm so by the sounds of it we will take on their number, that will make things easier hopefully as we hope to buy some of there sheep too!

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 08:30:44 am »
there is paperwork required to assign the holding number to you so ask about it during negotiations etc...

smith032

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 08:41:35 am »
 :D thank you!
Can't wait to get up there now!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 08:50:50 am »
The vendor should complete a Land Maintenance form, which you should be asked to sign, notifying the Rural Payments and inspection Division (RPID) that you have purchased the farm.

You will have to register your business with RPID (even if you are not running the farm as a business); the form askes what livestock etc you will be keeping. If necessary, RPID will notify Animal Health and they should contact you with the appropriate herd / flock numbers. You'll then get a Business Registration Number from RPID that you use to claim any subsidies like the Basic Payment Scheme, Scottish Beef Scheme etc

All the forms are here https://www.ruralpayments.org/publicsite/futures/

smith032

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 10:13:58 am »
Thanks Rosemary, so much to sort out, we will hopefully be there in June and the current farmer will be keeping the SFP and LFA for this current year so we will need to apply next year for it to be in our name,at least I think this is right!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 01:23:46 pm »
Enjoy - and welcome to Scotland  :thumbsup:

farmvet

• Joined Feb 2014
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 11:48:44 pm »
Will you automatically get the SFP? I know the system is changing and opening to certain new entrants, but I've still got clients who wont get anything eg over 40 & took on farms/ground historically where the previous owner/tennant held & so maintained the sfp entitlement. Worth checking if you're relying on the income.

smith032

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 09:58:17 pm »
Hi, the SFP is included in the sale, so hopefully al l will be well! :)

Thanks Rosemary! :)

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 10:47:39 am »
Anyone know the going rate for sfp per acre ? Ie to buy subsidies!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS