Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi, I'm Bill in France  (Read 1366 times)

BillF

• Joined Nov 2013
Hi, I'm Bill in France
« on: March 18, 2015, 10:35:20 pm »
We have moved to France primarily because we could not afford to buy a small house and some land in England.  We know our veg and are not too bad with soft fruit.  We are learning about other fruits.  We have about 16 acres of woodland and field but not a lot of topsoil over limestone.  We have 5 Light Sussex chickens with a moveable coop and electric fencing that is moved around every week or so.  We are planning to get 3 weaned Hampshire lambs to fatten to slaughter - perhaps if all goes well we'll move on to breeding, etc.  We would love to get a couple of pigs each year to fatten but one thing at a time.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Hi, I'm Bill in France
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 04:56:18 pm »
 :wave: Hello from Devon. Whereabouts in France are you?

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 05:33:59 pm »
Hello and welcome. There are a few on here who are in France so you are in good company
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

HenryVigne

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Alves, near Elgin, Moray, Scotland
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 07:38:17 pm »
Hi Bill

Where in France are you? The Languedoc is our long term plan! Hope the lambs go well, we're just embarking on pigs - think of all that delicious charcuterie you could make if you get some pigs!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS