Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: We have to supply a business plan and have no idea where to start....  (Read 2306 times)

mjmfettling

• Joined Mar 2015
 Me again  :) :)

As the smallholding is building up we would like to be able to move in, especially with the lambing coming up

We managed to get a barn built after much planning aggro, and now have an agent to deal with everything, but we have been asked to supply a business plan.

Could anyone tell us if we could find some information on line as to how to do this?

We now have lots of pigs, chicknes s few egg laying ducks etc.  We have had a some farm open days on the Bank Holidays, which created quite a bit of interest and advertise and sell trios, pol, chicken housing and suchlike, and have registered as a packing station for the eggs so we can sell to restuarants and shops. 

We are intending to produce sausages and pork pies etc, and did a proper course and the results were excellent

The planning permission is for a kitchen and shop, and also a wooden chalet to live in

Would be really grateful for any help as though we have thought about it have really no idea where to start, and now only have fourteen days to get the info together and now beginning to feel desperate.

Thanks for any help and advice you can offer :thumbsup:

Hamish Crofter

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Isle of Skye
Re: We have to supply a business plan and have no idea where to start....
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 03:11:57 pm »

To be honest I'd just pad out what you have said here as it sounds like the basis to a business plan in itself.
The Internet of course is a big help but I know that your local business gateway office can help. They should be able to give you free a template and some guidance notes. They attended a beginners crofting course I attended and were very good, they run lots of business courses many for free.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: We have to supply a business plan and have no idea where to start....
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 05:37:58 pm »
There are numerous templates online - just google farming business plans and replace the text and figures with your own.  You will have to provide a spreadsheet with estimated figures - guestimates"

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=farm%20business%20plans%20templates&es_th=1
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS