Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kiddings?  (Read 5749 times)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Kiddings?
« on: March 06, 2015, 05:07:04 pm »
Its the 6th March today! Who's kidding?

Surely some of you have baby goats by now? Tell me all- and with pics please!  :eyelashes: ;D

Beth

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Kiddings?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 06:13:56 pm »
Post yours first  ;)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 06:17:34 pm »
Yes we have 10 of them - 7 boys  ::) and only 3 girls (2 BT's and one AOV). Only one more GG to kid in two weeks time, and so far no GG girl born yet... may be a year without them... :'(

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 06:21:34 pm »
10 kids! Blimey, you must be busy.

Rosemary, I would tell of my kiddings, but aside from Krystal, which is not a good story, we haven't had any kiddings yet!

We have 5 goats due between yesterday and next Thursday, so we are hoping for an influx.....

Beth

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 08:07:45 pm »

Rosemary, I would tell of my kiddings, but aside from Krystal, which is not a good story, we haven't had any kiddings yet!

We have 5 goats due between yesterday and next Thursday, so we are hoping for an influx.....

Beth

I know. Just messing with you  ;) Apart from about Krystal, about whom I am very sad. The photo of her as Festival Champion Goat is still one of my favourite Festival photos :goat:

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 08:46:02 pm »
10 kids! Blimey, you must be busy.

Yes and with 4 of them 1st timers learning the milking routine is fun...., but my hypocalcaemic girl did deliver triplets without too much fuss and only a couple of days early and is so far doing ok (2 emergency vet visits  :o for IV calciject...)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 08:59:03 pm »
Ouch, waiting on the vets bill now then I guess. Still, at least mum and babies all got through to the other side ok. You have had a lot of males though- Rachel has had 4 girls 1 boy out of 3 goats. To be fair, she lost one of the girls, so it wasn't as perfect as it sounds.

Of our 5 girls due between yesterday and Thursday, I am now thinking they might all be overtaken by Charade, who isn't supposed to kid for three weeks...... But she looks awfully like she could kid, and I trying to think if she was done 3 weeks before the last time she was mated....  ???

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 10:25:19 pm »
Well we did have another boy, but... 1st timer Debbie kidded 4 days early and was still in the communal pen and not on camera... so when I got down for evening milking Debbie had cleaned up the girl and the boy was cold, wet and floppy...

and with Bryony the other BT girl being 7 days over, we had our moments...

Yes, it is a boy year... after all I had 7 girls one boy last year - I knew it wouldn't be the same this year! OH is pleased though - herd expansion not quite as rapid as he feared!

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 07:38:32 pm »
6 girls 1 boy, all done!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 10:04:16 pm »

6 girls 1 boy, all done!

There's always an exception to the rule.  :thumbsup:

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 10:05:37 pm »
Just joined the list, first home bred pedigree boars on  5/3 / a  boy and girl.
Mother Brandys first time problem free only took 40 mins start to finish one relived first timer  ;D
(me not the goat)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 10:41:48 pm »
Only kidding 4 this year and for various reason they are scattered with their due dates
1 has kidded 2 girls. Still got 1BT and 2 GGs to kid
Graham

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 02:14:10 am »
one due on Wednesday, kidded Friday, I'd turned them out, she didn't look happy, turning her head and muttering at her tummy, put her back in, left her to settle, went back an hour later all done. Thats the way I like it, hate seeing the birth, always worry whether its going OK.
(both girls  :thumbsup:  )
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:16:43 am by penninehillbilly »

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2015, 11:25:25 am »
Aww super cute babies everyone.

Scotsgirl, your kids look big, where they born a while ago?

Glad to hear about the easy kiddings, makes life so much easier.

Had our first one last night, mum had the whites at midnight, and had the kid at about 3am  :tired: Massive kid so had to give a little pull to help her out, but all fine. One big single girl, 3 days overdue.

Talana

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2015, 09:20:25 pm »
7 male kids, 1 female kid all first week of Feb one due this week then 2 in April
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:25:38 pm by Talana »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS