Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1705 times)

Holleth

• Joined Mar 2015
Greetings
« on: March 03, 2015, 08:33:45 pm »
Hi folks, how times have changed! I used to frequent car forums, now I'm desperate to learn more about farming etc.

We live in Lancashire and have roughly 2 acres of land behind our house. We own 3 ewes (Mother and her 2 older lambs) and the mother has just had 2 more lambs which will be coming back to the land soon.

Looking to learn about rotating and whether we can grow anything, the field is currently wetter than an otter's pocket though so looking for some advice on how I can get it drier relatively cheap.

Holleth

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 07:28:26 pm »
 :wave: Hello Holleth,
where are you in Lancs? We are on 9 acres  in Anglezarke but weve lived near Preston and on the Fylde too.
We have horses, chickens and our first Ryeland sheep are being born around now ( we are buying lambs in).

Maybe we could meet up for a chat some time as there don't seem to be a lot of Lancastrians on here. We have some wet areas too and our farmer friend has given us some good advice
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 07:30:25 pm by Kimbo »
Is it time to retire yet?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 07:43:51 pm »
Hello and welcome from Carnoustie  :wave:

Holleth

• Joined Mar 2015
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 08:26:09 pm »
Hi guys

Kimbo! Anglezarke hey? I cycle regularly round there and also used to go see my gramps on a chicken farm at Heapey where he worked. My Dad also worked on a farm house round there. I used to live in Preston (Penwortham) and now live near Forton.

Would be interested in knowing what your farmer friend said, I haven't asked my farmer friends yet as I am not 100% sure how I will manage to sort it sooner rather than later yet... I need to sort the fences out first as the sheep keep escaping.

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 08:38:24 pm »
I know Forton well.
When you are next coming over here PM me and drop by for a coffee. We are at the bottom of the Bridleway that leads up to Heapey Nab so I bet you ride past our house.....hundreds of cyclists do!!
Is it time to retire yet?

K2

• Joined Feb 2015
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 08:53:29 am »
 :wave:  Hello Holleth,  Yes, do call in if you are pedalling past.

Holleth

• Joined Mar 2015
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 09:36:34 pm »
Thanks for the replies folks. I will defo take you up on the offer, although I won't be cycling there as I am injured at the moment.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS