Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Thank god it's March tomorrow  (Read 2413 times)

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
Thank god it's March tomorrow
« on: February 28, 2015, 05:34:13 pm »
Last day of the dreaded month and looking forwards to the spring.
Everything is ready for lambing at the end of March. All the ewes look well, couple limping, but I'll treat them tomorrow.
Moles everywhere, so need to get on top of those before the grass grows.

All in all not a bad winter, but I suppose it's not over yet.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

debbigord

• Joined Mar 2013
  • East Sussex
Re: Thank god it's March tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 06:22:34 pm »
Yes, always pleased to see the back of Feb. March is when everything gets going, and the year really turns- hooray!. Feb is my least fav month and May is by far my fav.

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 06:34:38 pm »
I agree with you about May, debbiegord, its my favourite too. But January is my least favourite month. It drags on and on and on and...........

At least February has fewer days.

Im also glad to see March but remember it " comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb". That's certainly the case in Lancashire anyway  ::)
Is it time to retire yet?

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 07:25:20 pm »
Last day of the dreaded month and looking forwards to the spring.
Everything is ready for lambing at the end of March. All the ewes look well, couple limping, but I'll treat them tomorrow.
Moles everywhere, so need to get on top of those before the grass grows.

All in all not a bad winter, but I suppose it's not over yet.

Its like you have read my mind. Second all of the above, I have a box of new traps by my feet

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 10:16:56 pm »
Happy St Davids' Day to all for tomorrow.  :excited:

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 08:03:08 am »
I wish I hadn't mention the old saying about March as weve had howling gales all night long and they are still howling. Hen run is looking a bit drunk, dustbin lids have been banging away all night and I feel like death  :(
Is it time to retire yet?

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 10:45:50 am »
Still got about 10 large apple trees to prune and the tree I worked on last Friday had started  budding.
The garden I work 2 mornings a week had at one time 6 full time gardeners running it just before the 1st WW and this winters project was to clear and re-establish a potting shed and store that hasn't been touched for over 60 years.

I found some leather boots that strap on a ponies feet to stop him marking the lawn when pulling a mower over the grass.

Other than that a very nice bench with a wheel at one end and a 2 man carrier for pot plants.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 11:14:00 am »
On our windy Scottish hilltop it's still very much winter.  Things will not get going until April for us, although there are early signs of daffodil buds growing.  Last night was a bit blowy - I don't like strong wind much  :tired:  We could well get more snow for the next couple of months, so there's no relaxing yet.
Enjoy the Spring if it's starting where you are and  :fc: for a good summer :sunshine:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 02:01:47 pm »
A windy night and now 'wet' snow here in the Welsh hills.

So ....  maybe ..... March will go out like a lamb.  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS