Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Movement onto farm  (Read 1810 times)

Weaner

• Joined Jan 2012
Movement onto farm
« on: February 25, 2015, 01:56:34 pm »
If I go to Farm A and collect a pig and go to farm B to collect more does that count as a movement onto farm B ? the pig from Farm A will not leave the trailer.

Andy

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
Re: Movement onto farm
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 03:19:28 pm »
No I wouldn't have thought so.

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 07:27:59 pm »
if nothing gets off, and the new ones are loaded on without anything getting off, then it is a multiple pickup, and subject to certain rules ok.

see

https://www.gov.uk/animal-identification-movement-and-tracing-regulations

www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 11:09:16 pm »
This explains how you have to carry out a multiple pickup.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/300929/cattle-sheep-goats-pigs-movements-annex-a-c-140406.pdf

When we registered our isolation unit we were also inspected for multiple pickup. The person drew a map of the multiple pickup area and we were given paperwork to say we were approved for that, along with a copy of the map and instructions of how to carry out the pickup at our holding.

We got the multiple pickup so we could travel to shows with someone else. Bearing in mind we both had pigs from an isolation unit and were going to the same show we felt the risk minimal.

I would think carefully about having someone come to me with pigs on board from another holding. I would want to know what bio security measures had been carried out.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS