Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ryeland ewe and lamb made of fleece...well it passes the time between lambing  (Read 6986 times)

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like my work  :excited:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
We've got three so far - me and quilty and another Raveller. 

Should I start a thread in Crafts? 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
yes please. I could only watch for now as we don't get our first Ryelands until May, but id love to follow you making these. Then I could have a go when I have some fleece  :)
(Crumbs, what am I saying?? I still haven't started that rag rug Ive been intending to make for 6 months  ::) )
Is it time to retire yet?

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
There'll be no shortage of fleece  ;D

Several Ravellers (myself included) have already offered fleece.

It doesn't have to be breeds, either, the Society is for any coloured sheep, whether breeds or crossbreeds.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Do you make them to sell? If so will you pm me with prices.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Those animals are lovely. I've kept all the bits of combed wool not suitable for spinning for the intention of trying to felt but as yet not tried it.
Would your workshop be weekend and suitable for a total beginner Buffy?

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
I was going to ask people whether they preferred weekends or weekdays.  The problem with Saturdays is there are always so many other events on, but we could maybe go for a Sunday?

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
My classes are absolutely for the beginner and they are usually through the week as so many of us are busy at weekends. People tend to treat themselves to a day off to attend and I have one lady who attends my classes instead of a holiday! Sally in't is right though I could do a weekend for this project if thats what we need to do.

Sally,

Please do promote it in crafts. I will promote it with the north Yorkshire small holders society once we have nailed down a date and time. And in the local press if I can.

One of my ewes has been offer food and her leggs for 5 days and last night the vet delivered 3 loveley ewe lambs for me to feed to Im in and out drenching poorly ewes and feeding cheeky lambies at the moment. Please contact me at sue.doherty@tiscali.co.uk if you need a reply on anything as that comes through on my phone.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS