Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ryeland ewe and lamb made of fleece...well it passes the time between lambing  (Read 6972 times)

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
I havent got any lambie pics to share yet so I though you might like to see one I made earlier!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Brilliant!   ;D :thumbsup:

I'm hoping quiltycats comes on and sees this - she's spearheading a project to get a display of crafted coloured sheep for the British Coloured Sheep Society to use at shows and so on...
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
Oow great,

I have some pastel portraits of my sheep too and greetings cards .....not sure if she would count that as craft though?

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
I think she's wanting exactly the type of thing in your pic - little coloured sheep made of coloured sheep's wool.  I've paged her on Ravelry to come drop in here, so hopefully she'll be along in due course.

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
Love em, clever you  :thumbsup:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Very good  :thumbsup:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
They are cute  :sheep: :sheep:Maybe I should try some Hebbies for the BCSBA, although it's not something I've done before so they might come out decidedly wonky  :D

You know, we really need a C O L O U R E D sheep icon on TAS, where lots of us keep coloured sheep........Dan?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:41:03 am by Fleecewife »
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Katrina

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Cornwall
That's brilliant!!

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
Fleecewife come along to one of my felting workshops with your fleece and some pics and I will show you how to make one.

We make owls, rabbits, cats, bears.......the options are endless!

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
Gorgeous ;D !  Another thing to add to my 'must try that' list ::) .

quiltycats

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Ooop North
Brilliant!   ;D :thumbsup:

I'm hoping quiltycats comes on and sees this - she's spearheading a project to get a display of crafted coloured sheep for the British Coloured Sheep Society to use at shows and so on...
Sally is correct! that is brilliant, it took me a while but finally my browser let me see the picture. The other thing she is correct in saying is that for my sins (certainly not my sanity) I have launched bid to knit a coloured sheep flock for BCSBA, well I say knit but as a non knitter its more a knit crochet felt etc thing. The aim is to produce a collection of sheep made form all the gorgeous shades of fleece that we can get our hands, the excuse being 30 years of the BCSBA an organisation who's aims inc Promoting coloured sheep and wool, raising awareness of the value of coloured sheep and wool, promote the use of coloured wool in craft and sustainable commerce encourage the diversity of coloured sheep, act as a platform for coloured sheep related enterprise and educate flock masters about the benefits of coloured sheep.
If anyone would like to join in just yell at me via pm. Each sheep should be between 4-6 inches, made in any of the natural colours available in any breed or cross breed (ie no dyed sheep please)

Never mind 50 shades of grey, this is more shades of sheep :)

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
Ow well it looks like Im ahead of the game for once.!

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
My last beginners group had a go at making a pair of owls on a twig like mine here and went from zero to hero in less than 6 hours.

I think a "make a coloured sheep" workshop would be very achievable for those who would like to join me!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Pity I'm not nearer Buffy. I would have loved to join your 'make a coloured sheep' workshop
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
OMG you are so talented! They are beautiful
Is it time to retire yet?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS