Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Miniature jersey cows  (Read 26249 times)

langfauld easycare

• Joined Apr 2012
Re: Miniature jersey cows
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2015, 10:05:24 pm »
canny think why the author abandoned her post,goats donkeys zeebu an wooly jumpers no a miniature jersey (cow) in sight .   :roflanim: :roflanim:

wilksmartyn

• Joined Jun 2019
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2019, 09:59:31 am »
Sophie, Did you ever find your miniature cows?

ohmissbrittany

• Joined Aug 2020
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2020, 02:13:07 pm »
Resurrecting the dead thread to say I may have a solution for anyone who has interest. My mum breeds the mini Jerseys in the UK (A2/A2, polled, AJCA registered) and can send me 16 embryos and semen if anyone is interested in a breeding partnership!

Ssommer

• Joined Mar 2021
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2021, 02:48:31 am »
Hi I saw your post and wanted to see if it was still possible to purchase embryos I live in Canada and am trying to get started but very hard to get stock. Please feel free to email ogresacres@ hotmail.com if possible thanks sylvia.

Bramham Wiltshire Horns

• Joined Oct 2014
  • leeds
  • Bramham flock Wiltshire Horns
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2021, 10:04:57 am »
Staying on the miniature thread, and I can see peoples views are mixed

what are peoples thoughts on the Australian Lowlines.

They seem to be at a premium,

and derived from the Angus or where the original Angus.

follow on FB@BramhamWiltshireHorns

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2021, 05:09:57 pm »
Next door have Lowlines.  They are not recognised by the AA breed society (unlike the Native Angus which I prefer)  they run to fat easily but are easy to manage.  Personally I think that one particular herd have imported stock and created a market by good marketing, they are really in it for the money.

Nice overpriced pets though.

Bramham Wiltshire Horns

• Joined Oct 2014
  • leeds
  • Bramham flock Wiltshire Horns
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2021, 06:54:34 pm »
Next door have Lowlines.  They are not recognised by the AA breed society (unlike the Native Angus which I prefer)  they run to fat easily but are easy to manage.  Personally I think that one particular herd have imported stock and created a market by good marketing, they are really in it for the money.

Nice overpriced pets though.

That’s interesting all searches seem to circle back to the same flock

I quick like traditional Herefords if I’m honest
follow on FB@BramhamWiltshireHorns

Martin Heck

• Joined Sep 2022
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2022, 06:43:52 am »
Hello my name is Martin, I have two mini Jersey Heifers in Germany and looking for sperm for insemination. Is there someone who has this breed in the uk . Would also buy a bull if sperm is not possible

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2022, 08:41:26 pm »
Hello my name is Martin, I have two mini Jersey Heifers in Germany and looking for sperm for insemination. Is there someone who has this breed in the uk . Would also buy a bull if sperm is not possible

Thanks to Brexit it is impossible to export live animals from the UK to mainland Europe. Probably not much easier with semen straws.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS