Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fleece felting, Weaving and Rug Making courses - East Yorkshire  (Read 2003 times)

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
Fleece felting, Weaving and Rug Making courses - East Yorkshire
« on: February 24, 2015, 10:20:18 am »
I still have a couple of places left on my Fun with Fibre courses this spring.

Currently available are,

Peg Loom weaving with Yarn - 19th March 10 -4

Felting with fleece - 23rd April 10 -4

Rug weaving with fleece - 14th May 10 -4

Each workshop gives you the opportunity to create beautiful rugs, throws, cushion covers, seat pads, scarves or wall hangings using natural fleece.

All materials and tools are provided along with plenty of tea and coffee as well as my homemade cakes. My courses are light hearted, relaxing and lots of fun. So if you would like to snuggle by a roaring fire in a beautiful log cabin over looking a private lake and loose yourself in a few hours of crafting and laughter with a group of like minded folk then these workshops are for you!

Cost £45

email me at sue.doherty@tiscali.co.uk for more information or to reserve a place

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
Re: Fleece felting, Weaving and Rug Making courses - East Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 08:35:19 am »
Thanks to those of you who have requsted booking forms. For those who pm'd me about the rug weaving, I shear in May (unless there is frost) so we use my fleece to practice the techniques (unless you want to bring some of your own). Those of you who shear later can then have a go at making a rug with your own fleece in the summer.

I will be running another one in July so you can bring your own washed fleece along to that one if you prefer or use mine.

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
Re: Fleece felting, Weaving and Rug Making courses - East Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 07:55:03 pm »
Still some places left on the felting pictures course on 23rd April.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS