Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Afternoon All - A warm Prestonian Hello :)  (Read 1714 times)

Mscorner

• Joined Feb 2015
Afternoon All - A warm Prestonian Hello :)
« on: February 20, 2015, 03:45:21 pm »
 Good Afternoon all from a pretty grim looking Northwest. I'd love to say another Smallholder to the site but sadly I'm simply an admirer currently searching for what seems to be the impossible. We own an Tree Surgery company based in Preston and have been searching for a 3 bed, with a bit with it to be able to run the company from (Store Logs, a few chickens to chase after the kids sort of thing). But it seems, after 4+ years of searching, this is never going to happen. This site will surely add to my envy of all you 'living the dream' but hopefully I pick up some tips for when my day comes!

We are also desperately searching for somewhere to store our logs, need around 0.25 acres or an old barn e.c.t as we've out grown our current place. So if anyone has a corner of a field or anywhere they don't use and fancy renting it out to us (Another long shot, I know) you'd be getting the added bonus of a handy tree surgeon  around the place  ;) That'll be my husband.

Thanks again and if anybody has anything, we don't need anything pretty, we'd more than appreciate a reply.

Jenna

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
Re: Afternoon All - A warm Prestonian Hello :)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 06:51:03 pm »
Hi Jenna,
im new too. Until October we lived in Wrea Green, and before that in Woodplumpton....so I know your area v well!
Sorry I cant help with storing your logs though....although we might buy some in future. I don't suppose you do wood pellets by any chance?
kimbo
Is it time to retire yet?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 08:42:48 pm »
Hello and welcome  :wave:

Hope someone can help with the storage issue  :fc:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 09:16:00 pm »
Hi there from a bit further north  :wave: but so far still in England ;)

Best of luck with your search!

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 07:14:47 am »
 :wave: from Devon

B3a5tie

• Joined Feb 2015
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 07:21:49 am »
Hi there! Good luck with the search and don't give up!  :fc:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS