Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: home needed for two farm cats  (Read 3499 times)

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
home needed for two farm cats
« on: February 01, 2015, 11:53:18 am »
Slightly complicated but my friend had a domestic drama about 2 years ago leaving her somerset house and 2 cats in care of her 'housekeeper'.  This women has now left leaving the cats shut in and having them fed every other day.  My friend is now flying home from her hong kong home to sort this stuff out before she starts a new job in new zealand next week.  I can take then temporarily and will have them permanently if there is no other solution but someone might be wanting cats.  They are a 10 year old and 6 year old mother and son.

To stop any misconception about my friends responsibility the drama was that the housekeeper of 20 years, who was treated like a member of the family and husband had an affair.  My friend left because she didn't want the housekeepers son, who was in the middle of a levels disrupted.

she is blameless and now upset

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: home needed for two farm cats
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 12:10:51 pm »
What a horrible situation for your friend - I feel for her.   :hug:

I can't have cats here, unfortunately, but glad to hear you can home them if no-one else comes forward.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 09:51:50 pm »
I  might be able to help. Do you know how they react to chickens???

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 04:52:35 am »
 They are good with chooks and partridges. They live next door to a farm.

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 06:49:10 am »
Hi, at work so don't have to manage on the awful tablet!  They are chicken friendly, I asked because of my chooks.  They are in Bridgwater and still locked in an empty house but being fed and watered.   

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 12:24:49 pm »
Have sent you a PM

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 11:23:29 pm »
Well done Possum, have you cracked before me? :hug:

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 09:57:05 pm »
Hi Bramblecot,

The whole situation unravelled - but in a good way. The housekeeper re-homed the cats without telling anyone. Fortunately they went to a good home, so all's well that ends well.

Must get together in the spring. I'm away a lot in March but perhaps in April?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS