Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from Ramsey, Cambs  (Read 3660 times)

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
Re: Hello from Ramsey, Cambs
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 01:17:15 pm »
Happy for some of us that are local to each other to club together (especially as I may be asking around to rent a trailer for the abattoir run in a couple of months)  :innocent:
________
Caroline

honeyend

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2015, 12:07:02 pm »
@caroline1, where are you taking them? I took my pigs to Leechs at Melbourne and was very happy, but they have a very small yard and its a bit of a trek.

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2015, 12:14:54 pm »
Found hj hellet in kimbolton just other side of Huntington. They were really helpful on the phone. They also have some good online reviews so thought I would try them this time.
________
Caroline

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 10:38:41 am »
Hello and welcome from Durham  :wave:

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 07:39:39 pm »
We use Gagens nr. Wisbech for our slaughter - never had them butcher it for us so can't report on that (apart from making a sausage mountain from the cull sows). They are always helpful enough and decent with the unloading. Actually, thinking about it, I almost go past your place on the way, might be possible to sort something out if dates align favourably?

Re: wormers etc. our farm animals are with Isle Vets at Ely and they have helped organise sharing bottles amongst a few of their smaller clients. I'd be interested in this though if others are? As a starter, I need to heptvac our sheep (12) and will do the nanny goats (4) aswell in a couple of weeks, so if anyone wants the other half of the bottle?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS