Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pigs may be here soonish  (Read 2563 times)

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
Pigs may be here soonish
« on: January 27, 2015, 03:59:25 pm »
Our Pigs may be here soon. So best get there house built. But first Have read on here you need a license / Herd number. So where do I get that. Has anyone got a link to a web page. Where in Scotland
I am going to live the dream

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
Re: Pigs may be here soonish
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 04:28:05 pm »
Search Animal Health.
Find your closest and call them. They will talk it all through with you.
Go on scoteid.com to register there as much easier to notify your pig movements than by paper and may soon be required by law.

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 03:20:51 pm »
Right we Just want to keep maybe upto 6 pigs the first form I have come to says Register New Business is this rightand seems to be a 5 page form?

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 04:10:59 pm »
Call the animal health. First form they sent me was a land change of use form and was not the right one, but the person I spoken to at animal health got me exactly the right details and a form to apply for a landless keeper holding number (cph) and the chap I bought my first pigs from told me how to register on the scoteid.com website.

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 04:38:12 pm »
Well Just filled the form in online and at the end it said Here is your Business ref number. Got the form online after following what I was told on the phone. Told them the pigs were just for us and about 3 people said fill that form in???
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 04:58:52 pm by bucketman »

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 06:31:08 pm »
Can some one please tell me if this sounds right. It did not mention a CPH number. Cant help but worry I have filled a form in that is for full on Pig keepers who has hundreds of pigs

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 07:02:15 pm »
I just did mine and had to get a holding number (cph) before getting a herd number. Prob different in England though. Was told the cph was to register the land as having types of livestock on and herd number was specific to each species I had
________
Caroline

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 10:31:41 am »
Right rung up about a CPH yesterday and after getting past round half of Scotland got thought to someone. Who told us what form to look for on the internet. Found the form And it was about a Business (Rural Payments Servicers) Rung them back and said no we just want to keep a few pigs for the table for us where not a business. Was told to go back on the internet and get a form and fill it in. It was the same form??? We just want a CPH number so does this sound right? Anyway filled form in and have just got an email back saying approved. But nothing about a CPH number. Does any of this ring a bell with some one
As I have said where in Scotland :thumbsup:

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 12:00:25 pm »
Just rung RPS and they say Yes I need that number and the CPH will follow soon. They will Email it in the next day or so

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS