Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Chapped Lips  (Read 5236 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Chapped Lips
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 09:50:04 pm »
Lovely sheep, Womble.

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 11:38:43 pm »
Any clarified lanolin  product is good for chapped lips leave the scented ones alone as lemon essence and the like can counteract it thus making the chaps even worse .

The good old greasy Penaten ( SP?) nappy rash cream which is basically zinc & castor oil cream is excellent as the zinc helps heal as well.
 It's also useful for cold sores so is the simple pure Vaseline as it excludes the oxygen to the cold sore .
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 12:47:10 pm »
Chapstick morning and night.  Or Vaseline lip balm thing.

Apparently my lips turned blue yesterday after working for a few hours out in the cold, according to my OH ... lol, ooops!

One good tip on cold windy days (or windy rainy days for that matter) ... a thin smeer of vaseline on the cheeks/face works wonders to keep the chill off your face :) .  Perfect for horse riding / quad riding etc where you get the wind/rain in yer face.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:54:35 pm by Foobar »

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2015, 01:26:04 pm »
Clodopper - Don't know if you can get Penaten in this country.... but it helps my cracked finger/thumbs tips (right next to where your nail comes through) no end! (and it did my children's bums too a few years back!)

Did you live in Germany at some point?

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2015, 05:34:39 pm »
Oh, that's Bespoke. She claimed she had no idea how that got there  :innocent: .

Unfortunately our cat Bert knocked my tub of pre-mixed raddle paste on the floor and then ate most of it. He claimed to nothing about that too, but he was sh*tting bright yellow for about a week!  :roflanim:

:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: now that did make me laugh  :roflanim: :roflanim:

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2015, 06:59:38 pm »
we use badger products  :)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2015, 11:12:34 pm »
I don't like chapsticks etc, I find like HappyHippy says my lips actually feel worse afterwards. I haven't been too bad this year either, but I use plain old Vaseline- can't beat it. I do also use a lip balm made by the chain bridge honey farm which has beeswax in it. I have a pot of that on my desk at work, and one on the coffee table at home, plus Vaseline in my handbag.

Beth

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 07:00:48 am »
I don't like chapsticks etc, I find like HappyHippy says my lips actually feel worse afterwards. I haven't been too bad this year either, but I use plain old Vaseline- can't beat it. I do also use a lip balm made by the chain bridge honey farm which has beeswax in it. I have a pot of that on my desk at work, and one on the coffee table at home, plus Vaseline in my handbag.

Beth

I'm not surprised, Beth - we did a study with a group of teenagers and when we broke down what the actual ingredients of chapstick were most of the kids were running to bin theres!   I can't use anything with synthetic or petroleum based ingredients on my skin so stick to natural all the way now (and definitely for my children too!)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 10:42:38 am »
I swear by Lansinoh HPA LANOLIN - it is pure lanolin according to the info, and it is brilliant.  Quite expensive (about £8 for a 40ml tube) but brilliant.

The only down side is it does say "for sore nipples, no need to remove before breastfeeding" in large writing on the tube!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS