Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Collie/kelpie cross puppies for sale, from good working stock  (Read 9616 times)

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
Collie/kelpie cross puppies for sale, from good working stock
« on: January 07, 2015, 11:35:11 am »
We are now starting to take visitors to see our 3 1/2 week old collie kelpie pups (born 13th December).
They are all growing well and have started taking hard feed.
Mum is our young working collie, and dad is a kelpie who works cattle and sheep.
These will be energetic and intelligent dogs, so will need a lot of physical and mental stimulation. We would prefer them to go to working homes, but are also open to people who have other active lifestyles, eg. long walks, agility, flyball.
There are 4 males and 4 females, mostly black and white, three have some tan on them as well.
Please get in touch if you would like to come and view them or ask any further questions.
A visit and deposit of £50 will secure your pup until weaning on 8th February.

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
Re: Collie/kelpie cross puppies for sale, from good working stock
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 11:43:22 am »
Sooooo beautiful, will have to persuade the OH  :fc:

arl

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 11:53:19 pm »
just to say i have a kelpie, she is the most amazing lovable intelligent dog i have ever owned but boy has she got energy, she does our walks 3 times over and can jump a 5 bar gate. but i wouldnt swap har for the world
Arl

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 12:21:15 pm »
Just a wee update with some more recent photos, taken today at 5 weeks and a day.
One pic of the boys, three black and white, one tricolour, one of the girls, two black and white and two tricolour.
Growing like weeds, mum is getting fed up of feeding them so is starting to wean them naturally, and they are eating like pigs! Just in the middle of their second course of worming.
Any questions, or if you'd like to come and see them, please just drop me a message.
Thanks
Suzanne

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 09:36:00 am »
Forgot to say they're £300 each

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 10:10:21 pm »
They look adorable. Thank goodness I am too far away in wiltshire. I love the tricolour

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 06:28:25 pm »
I had a couple of the pups out before it started snowing and at almost 7 weeks old they put the chickens to bed so have no doubt they are going to be cracking smallholders dogs!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 02:22:46 pm »
Just goes to show -   :innocent:  £300 for cross bred no health checks no registration, no pedigree and I sell my top quality brittanys, show and work bred with awards, and KC/BVA certification for £500 - I'm going wrong somewhere.  :gloomy:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 02:27:01 pm »
I'm guessing the vet health checked them quite closely!

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 02:46:05 pm »
£300 for a cross bred is very reasonable I know of spottydoodles  ( Dalmatian x poodle) for £1000 :thinking:

One of my colleagues has a  s**t something or another and she paid £400 for it.  ( shitzu x ) :innocent:
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 03:46:12 pm »
The pups have been bred by a vet so trust me mother ,father and pups are of the beat of health ! Registered dogs and the kennel club is ok if you want to prance up and down a carpet at a dog show . The healthier dogs of all are  x breeds and this is down to hybrid vigour ! So I pose a question as a smallholder what could be better than a x between  A collie with proven ability with sheep/ goats and a kelpie with ample proven ability with sheep/ cattle ? But removing most if the inherited medical issues either breed ail with !!!!

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 04:12:29 pm »
The only thing for Pedigree working stock is you have more idea what to expect size, behaviour wise. First crosses should be healthier!   

Registration in itself does nothing to improve the health or ability of a dog. Competing to win rosettes at shows does nothing to improve health or working ability of the individual or the breed and does not demonstrate either very well.

Possibly going away from showing and more down the working gun dog FTCh route would serve you better than the show route Doganjo? Its not perfect as it reflects the ability of the trainer at least as much as the dog but a rosette from a lady in a nice hat for looking pretty doesn't say much at all really. Working trials have to be way more fun than shows anyway.

I keep Pedigree whippets, the much maligned working lines, they are fast, compact, small, strong, healthy and live outside vs. show whippets....   

nutterly_uts

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Jersey - for now :)
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 05:39:15 pm »
The only thing for Pedigree working stock is you have more idea what to expect size, behaviour wise. First crosses should be healthier!   

There is zip all guarantee of first crosses (or second, or third) being healthier. If the breeds involved share health problems then the puppy has the same risk of problems as a straight cross of either of the breeds. IF anything, people don't bother to do any tests when crossing and the risk CAN be higher than normal..

EG Labradoodles - both parent breeds have hip, elbow, eye problems and epilepsy genes.. funnily enough these so called healthy crosses have a HIGHER incidence of hip, elbow, eye problems and epilepsy .. (and a higher price tag than a pedigree of either parent breed)

Generally pedigree stock (with or without papers or registration) comes with health tests whereas BYB bred or crosses no-one bothers... I know what I'd rather "risk".

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 05:41:46 pm »
Look up the word "should"!

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 06:01:39 pm »
I have just reminded myself of the marketplace rules and I suggest others do the same,

Apologies .....

pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS