Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Chick drinkers/feed trays  (Read 16344 times)

Clansman

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Ayrshire
Chick drinkers/feed trays
« on: January 06, 2015, 10:50:13 pm »
I've picked up a load of used chick feed trays and drinkers from a commercial poultry farm.

They've changed the equipment they use for rearing chicks to an automated system.

These are made by BEC, to buy them new the trays are around £4, the drinkers around £5

If anyone wants some please just cover the postage or pick them up and you can have as many as you like. (I have hundreds)

The feed trays are 40mm diameter and 2" deep, they'd be ok for ducks and geese too.

The drinkers are 5 litre capacity and are the type I use for rearing my own chicks, they can be used for larger birds, chickens and turkeys will drink out of them no problem, not great for ducks or geese, the lip is too narrow and the water too shallow for them.

I sit them on the floor for chicks, on a piece of 2" slab for adult quail and up on a couple of bricks for chickens.

These have a solid base, they are not the type that you turn and lock into place with the three tabs in the slots that always seem to leak through the bottom, these ones don't leak :)

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 10:57:27 pm by Clansman »

Clansman

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Ayrshire
Re: Chick drinkers/feed trays
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 01:59:49 pm »
I'm heading to Scottish National Poultry Show at Lanark this Sunday, if anyone wants some of these I shall have a boot full of them with me  ;D

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 02:52:34 pm »
I wouldnt mind some please Clansmen-be nice to finally meet you as well :) What sort of time as am meeting up with some others as well?

Clansman

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Ayrshire
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 03:43:02 pm »
Anytime that suits you.

i'm planning to be there before 9 and stay most of the day, hopefully catch the Scots Grey AGM too  :thumbsup:

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 03:54:50 pm »
oh, I'll defo try and make that!

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 08:12:56 pm »
I'll be at the Scots Grey meeting. I'm a big fella with the hairy top lip please say hello.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Clansman

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Ayrshire
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 09:40:28 am »
Will do  :thumbsup:

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 05:49:26 pm »
Am not sureI will make it-we have about 6 inches of snow and although we made it out today, stupid here parked her car by the house friday night (OH came back late and left his at top of drive). Although I have winter tyres and the clio is quite game, I'm not sure she can cope with 200ft of 10% incline over that much snow. So we'll have to dig out tomorrow-what with the snow making everything else such as doing the horses slower I am not sure I'll have time.
The gales on wednesday weakened my pens and the snow did for them so I currently have all the hens out with my old cockerel, two others sharing a stable, two others in large crates in the hay barn. The snow is very pretty though :)

vfr400boy

• Joined Jan 2013
  • one life live it
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 04:30:05 pm »
Thank you clansman drinkers arrived today , your a star !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

Clansman

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Ayrshire
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 06:25:21 pm »
you're welcome  :thumbsup:

Clansman

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Ayrshire
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 07:55:12 pm »
Anyone else after some of these?

I'm carrying some around with me in the car/van now and giving them away to anyone that isn't quick enough :)

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 07:56:58 pm »
Mine arrived today, thanks so much :thumbsup:
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 09:05:56 am »
Anyone else after some of these?

I'm carrying some around with me in the car/van now and giving them away to anyone that isn't quick enough :)

you around Lanark at all soon?

Clansman

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Ayrshire
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 01:23:23 pm »
 maybe next week.

How many dozen would you like?  :excited:

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 01:29:46 pm »
lol-well, 1/2 dozen drinkers and chick trays if you have them.  Am not in a rush but will put dibs on them  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS