Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Muckboots or Buckboots?  (Read 9322 times)

Sandyknox

• Joined Aug 2013
  • Dumfries, Scotland
Muckboots or Buckboots?
« on: December 19, 2014, 08:28:44 pm »
I like to try every type of wellies and i like to think i put them threw all the tests being on my feet all day everyday

I have had Buckboots/Grubs/Hunters/Dunlops and surprising they have all burst after about 3 months

I have finally found a pair of wellies that dont burst and keep your feet toasty during the winter .... Muckboots one of the best peices of equipment i have invested in for the farm

Comfort / Warmth and ofcourse waterproof , i would reccomend muckboots to anyone looking for a tough pair of wellies

I would love to hear everyones opinions on there best boots
S.Knox

kate7590

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Powys
Re: Muckboots or Buckboots?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 09:09:16 pm »
I have muck boots too and although they are comfy I find them rubbish for grip in the mud. Pity coz I had read great reviews :(
Living the 'Good Life' in our little Chapel in the rural welsh countryside.
Proud owner of 3 Border Collies, Giant Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Chickens, Runner Ducks, 3 'pet sheep' &  Jacob Sheep.
Loving life :)

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 09:19:56 pm »
mine split at the heel and therefore be quite painful. still better than most though.

Factotum

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 10:04:03 pm »
I've got a pair of Muckboot Muckmasters - they give good grip in the mud and snow and keep my toes toasty.

OH has recently bought a pair of Bekina Thermolites - recommended to us by a neighbouring farmer. The Bekinas look like something Herman Munster would wear - they are very warm and very rigid - should be proof from the 'cow standing on the foot' hazards.

Sue

farmvet

• Joined Feb 2014
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 10:12:08 pm »
Muckboots are fab. Wear mine all day (even now at the computer...). Last me about 2 years before sole wears thin. Always had Tay sport with the chunky sole for grip, they've been replaced now with arctic sport & muckmaster.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 01:53:33 am »
Have to admit that I love my muck boots and wear them most days, I also have a cheap pair of willies that are comfortable and have lasted well.
Gave up on hunters after going through 3 pairs in 7 months   :o 1 pair only lasting 5 weeks before they started to perish  :o
Graham

claire

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Falkirk
    • Clairesgarden
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 07:28:30 am »
muckboots, I just got a new pair,  I work outside and I I wear them all day everyday.

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 07:37:23 am »
I loved my muck boots for the 6 months the sole lasted.... After which it just wore smooth (and they wern't great grip to start with. Have tried all the other neoprene boots but they split usually after 3 or 4 weeks (I do have big slopes to go up and down so they do do a lot of flexing. Muck boots and Dunlop purofort are only ones that havnt split, and Dunlop grip still going strong after 2 years....

Sandyknox

• Joined Aug 2013
  • Dumfries, Scotland
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 07:37:37 am »
I have had my pair of muck masters for nearly two years now wear them everyday and haven't had one bit of bother with them yet they are just so hard to get ahold of now as everyone stocks buckBoots
S.Knox

Sandyknox

• Joined Aug 2013
  • Dumfries, Scotland
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 07:39:29 am »
I loved my muck boots for the 6 months the sole lasted.... After which it just wore smooth (and they wern't great grip to start with. Have tried all the other neoprene boots but they split usually after 3 or 4 weeks (I do have big slopes to go up and down so they do do a lot of flexing. Muck boots and Dunlop purofort are only ones that havnt split, and Dunlop grip still going strong after 2 years....

I'm on my second set of MuckBoots and haven't had that problem yet / I would recommend Goodyears still neoprene but looks really strong and only £50
S.Knox

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 08:05:22 am »
Only £50 :o :o :o Mole Valley Farmer cheapo's. A fiver a time, comfy enough, last a year at least and easily repairable with a puncture repair kit. I wear mine all day every day throughout the winter, mucking out, digging etc.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 10:25:31 am »
My children wear Bekina Pur or Nora Maxx PU.  I have Muck Boots but they tend to split at the side where they bend because I do a lot of walking uphill!  Agree they're not great for grip.  I take tiny steps in icy weather - must look like a carthorse trying to dance the Sugar Plum Fairy!

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 11:44:24 am »
I hate muck boots with a passion, I can't bear the grippy stuff round my legs.  I've got Bekinas just now, but I did get them free from the Socttish Farmer, they are great but don't know if I will be able to bring myself to pay the full price when they wear out.  I tend to wear rigger boots most of the time, although I do find them hard to find in my size (5 1/2), and cheap wellies from the garage in the village if really wet.

Porterlauren

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 12:09:36 pm »
Aye, I hate muck boots also! If you wear them hard, the grip on the soles goes very quickly and they become lethal. Also the neoprene around the legs, rips on every barbed wire fence you climb!

Best boots i've owned by far are the aigle parcours iso 2. Amazing boots.

NicandChic

• Joined Oct 2013
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 12:12:40 pm »
Duberrys here - wear them all the time, school run, dog walking, mucking out, shopping! I just love them, had them 4yrs and still perfect.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS