Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Finally learning to spin properly  (Read 12611 times)

MurmuringWheel

• Joined Aug 2008
Re: Finally learning to spin properly
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 05:39:01 am »
FiB - I work from home a lot so I can be quite flexible - my no-no days (working in London) are quite erratic, so better if you can make some date suggestions?
I think should clarify I am an absolute beginner, never touched a spinning wheel, only watched a couple of demos locally and I think you all have some experience already - do that would be a question for Diane: would a total beginner be a problem and mess up the group experience for everyone else? Wouldn't like to be the one holding everyone else back... I'm keen to learn though and not easily intimidated  :thumbsup:

Not a problem in the slightest.  :)
Most classes I run tend to be about 50/50 of complete beginners and those with a basic level of experience that want to try new techniques. As long as I know what everyone want to focus on, so can be sure to bring the right equipment/materials, that's fine.
www.murmuringwheel.co.uk Handspinning, knitting, crocheting services, spinning tuition and demonstrations at events nationwide.

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 11:11:41 am »
FiB - you may already have done this but I expect Morri2 would be interested, worth a message.

How's your 'Monty' getting on?  I've got one too! :)

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 06:17:40 pm »
Brill, can't wait . I will pm you dianne to set up a date :-). My Monty is starting to look a bit thin.... Not concentrating an eating ;) . I absolutely love him! Very important for me... To love looking at the sheep I have.

Whittsend

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 10:30:42 pm »
 :thumbsup:
 I am retired, so can pretty much fit in with whatever date suits everyone else.

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2014, 06:02:36 pm »
Is there room for another complete beginner please :eyelashes: ? (with wheel and a shed full of fleece :hugsheep: )

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2014, 09:07:26 am »
Yes! It will be a mini north wales spin fest! Got some dates in Jan off Dianne on Friday, will sit down and write some options this eve :-) we will have Dianne and Phillip, so it will support beginners and improvers :-) , wheel or no wheel, fleece or no fleece... All welcome  eeeeekk I can't wait to meet!

ladyK

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Conwy Valley
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2014, 09:58:12 am »
Brilliant, can't wait  :excited:
"If one way is better than another, it is the way of nature." (Aristotle)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2014, 11:53:17 pm »
I'm  :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

I will probably stay over the night before so that I don't have to leave too early on the day. I shouldn't have trouble booking somewhere that time of year. The only possible problem would be bad weather.

Still  :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:  though.

ladyK

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Conwy Valley
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2014, 10:47:12 am »
FiB - have you got any dates yet?

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2014, 11:10:35 am »
Right! I'm thinking 15th Jan and if you original interested TASers can go with that I'll make a separate post.  22nd is also an option (it has to be a Thursday if it's in the week as I'm a teaching assistant part time on other days).  We ould have to keep a sharp eye on the weather.... But as it is on Bala high street (5 mins walk from lake if we need a leg stretch) the roads have the best chance of being clear. Will work out some pricing options and Lesley- we have a holiday let flat above the shop :-) so as long as you can manage  the stairs, that will be a cheap option possibility......

Who's in?  :excited: :excited: :excited:

Whittsend

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 03:58:11 pm »
 :thumbsup: Yep. I am happy with those dates. My neighbour, who said she would be interested in coming along, but has lots of other commitments, can't say for sure until we know which date is chosen ( and cost as well I suspect).   
 I am happy to contribute some baking and make a big saucepan of soup, to go towards our lunches if that suits you FiB.

ladyK

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Conwy Valley
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 08:47:25 pm »
Yep, count me in!  :excited:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2014, 09:06:49 pm »
Thanks, Fi. If the stairs aren't steep and I only have to manage them once, I should be alright. When will you know the dates? I have something on both those although if I have enough notice, I should be able to change them.

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 05:12:28 pm »
Hi FiB,  I work Thursdays and will have to check if I can get the day off  :fc: - I'll pm you on Friday

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2014, 09:24:45 am »
15th it is  :excited: .  Will put a post in marketplace and here....

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS