Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pig auction - Monmouthshire Livestock Market  (Read 1863 times)

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
Pig auction - Monmouthshire Livestock Market
« on: November 21, 2014, 11:12:23 am »
Not sure where to put this one!

If anyone in Wales/on the English border has pigs to sell - including culls - Monmouthshire Livestock Market is having a Christmas prime stock sale on Dec 8. Prizes for the best butcher's pig; best cull boar/sow.

Pig sales are normally first Monday of the month, but there's no market on Dec 1. See the "sales" section of the website for more info.

www.monmouthshiremarket.com

I've sold quite a few cull sows and boars there this year and have found it a really good place to do business. Staff are very friendly and helpful (particularly important when you're a bit of a novice and on your tod like me!) and the facilities are really good.

www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

Porterlauren

• Joined Apr 2014
Re: Pig auction - Monmouthshire Livestock Market
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 02:37:34 pm »
It's defiantly a sellers Market, from my experience of it.

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 06:52:38 pm »
They're attracting some good cull buyers now. I've been pleased with the prices I've received.
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

Sasha

• Joined Dec 2013
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 07:46:23 am »
What sort of prices do you get for your cull sows?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS