Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Farming and the Next Generation: A-list Speakers and Farm Visit  (Read 2385 times)

Isra

• Joined Oct 2014
Farming and the Next Generation: A-list Speakers and Farm Visit
« on: November 20, 2014, 10:36:04 am »
The Skills Partnership Charity is running an event on the 12th December at Mhor 84 near Balquhidder, seeking input and discussion from the landbased sector.

There will be a strong focus on young people and farming - how to provide skills and encouragement, and how to attract the next generation into the sector. But there will also be discussion around more general obstacles and difficulties faced by those currently working in the landbased sector.

Running from 10am-3pm, there will be speakers in the morning followed by a free lunch and networking. The afternoon will see a tour round a local farm.

Speakers:
Brian Pack - author of the Doing Better Initiative, discussing the problems of red tape and bureaucracy for the modern farmer
John Sleigh - NFUS Policy Manager and representative of the New Generation group
Hilary Morton & Graeme Ligertwood - Scotland's Rural College: qualifications and work-based learning
Robin Mair - SAC consulting: innovations in farming
Forth Valley and Lomond LEADER: funding opportunities and advice
Tam O'Braan & Cathy Everidge - The Wee Tea Plantation: the story of Scotland's first tea plantation & inspiring young people into farming.
And to be confirmed - Michael Russell, MSP for Argyll.

Free lunch provided by Mhor 84, followed by a local farm tour.

There are only 30 places available, so if you would like to come along, please do contact The Skills Partnership on 01389 727 762, or email isra.lochhead@lochlomond-trossachs.org for more info or to reserve a place.

Hope to see you there!

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
Re: Farming and the Next Generation: A-list Speakers and Farm Visit
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 05:52:07 pm »
Sounds great Isra.
Sadly I'm tied up that day with other diary events, otherwise I would have come along.
Would copies of the presentations be available on a website afterwards?

Jamie12

• Joined Nov 2013
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 09:32:41 pm »
Shane this is over two hours from me, I would have loved to have went.

Isra

• Joined Oct 2014
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 05:43:36 pm »
Would copies of the presentations be available on a website afterwards?

Sadly I don't think so - we'd have copyright issues. There'll be a report on the day in general though.

Sorry you can't make it Jamie12 - sure we can't tempt you? You'll get a good lunch out of it, as well as the chance to taste Scottish tea! Of course, you could always buy 50g from the Wee Tea Company - but only if you've got £115 to spare  ;)

Let me know if you change your mind.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS