Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Who remembers Wizard?  (Read 2782 times)

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Who remembers Wizard?
« on: November 19, 2014, 09:48:11 am »
How many of you remember Wizard, Heaven rest him. There was an idea of making a little book of his recipes, anecdotes and his wit. Did anything ever come of this?
I have been reading back through years of recipes and found lots of his. Also, my son did a lovely wizard, that wasn't Gandalf but just as impressive plus some line drawings but has now lost them as we never heard back from (I forget now who) was going to produce the book.
The proceeds, as I remember were to go to the MacMillan nurses.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Who remembers Wizard?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 10:47:46 am »
I remember him but don't think he was around for too long after I joined. Always read his posts with interest though.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 11:56:36 am »
Funny - I was remembering Wizard just the other day.

How about instead of an actual book, having a Wizard page on TAS, with all his best stuff on there?  It would be easier to put together, but wouldn't be any help to MacMillan.  Maybe if there was a request to donate if anyone had enjoyed the Wizard pages?
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 03:36:50 pm »
Was looking through a drawer the other day and came across the dvd's that he sent me, one of how to butcher a pig and the other with lots of things that he made in his kitchen.
Anne

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 04:56:48 pm »
Before my time, I think but he sounds quite a character.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 08:58:29 pm »
He was a lovely, lovely man. Greatly missed.  I think it was doganjo planning to do something with the book if I remember correctly?
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 09:47:27 pm »
No, I offered to help someone else but I can't remember who it was now - I think I have a file with the recipes somewhere, but to be honest they're not much good without photos.  We could set up a Facebook page with a link to a donation page? JustGiving maybe has a page for Macmillan Nurses anyway
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 07:33:36 am »
I found two original threads about this

http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php/topic,9424.0.html

http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=9791.0

Wizard was before my time, but like many others, I have been directed to and used information he posted.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 11:08:26 pm »
I was thinking about Wizard the other day - and his recipes.  He sounded a lovely man, always happy to help other members on here.  It was so sad when he was really ill, but he still managed to come on here and post.....

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS