Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: CAE test  (Read 3593 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
CAE test
« on: December 21, 2009, 08:56:00 pm »
 :goat:
Had the vet out to the goats today for CAE blood tests...
I actually booked them for last Wednesday but my father-in-law collapsed (stroke) so I postponed them as my husband had more than enough on.
They re-arranged for Wednesday 23rd, so I was abit confused when the lovely Irish chap phoned to check directions this afternoon!
Anyway, he came with his glamorous assistant, donned his wellies because of the snow, nearly broke his neck on the path (we'd cleared the ice and snow, he just wasnt paying attention!) and in they went.

Margo was an absolute dream, as soon as the nurse stroked her, she just wanted to be loved!
I warned them little Geraldine is flighty... between us we caught her once, then she wriggled and backed off.
The vet followed her into the shed -  "ooh" he said, "theres a pig in there!"  (yep, Murphy was boycotting the snow and having a kip in the corner!)

Next thing, he gets hold of Geraldine, kicks the water bowl which flew in a beautiful circle in the air and emptied straight down his right welly!

But he managed to take a blood sample, I rescued the paperwork from Margo who was trying to eat it (I told the nurse not to put it there) and we went to fill in the serious bits on the form.

So hopefully, if the test come back negetive, we're a step nearer getting the girl a fella...     :love:
Little Blue

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: CAE test
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 09:00:49 pm »
Thats funny, shouldn't really laugh though. Murphy had the right idea by keeping out of the snow. Hope the goats got on ok and your father in law is making good progress.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 09:02:54 pm »
thanks James.
I'm glad in a way my o/h left me to it... he'd have been hysterical, I didnt find it too funny til they'd gone!
Little Blue

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 09:24:57 pm »
Do you mean hysterical with laughter or hysterical as in screaming abdabs?  The tears are rolling down my cheeks here  ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 10:08:20 pm »
Oh, I'm laughing reading this as well. I hope the results all come back fine.

Beth

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 07:58:39 pm »
Do you mean hysterical with laughter or hysterical as in screaming abdabs?  The tears are rolling down my cheeks here  ;D ;D ;D

Oh no, as laughter! He can be like a girl with the giggles when something 'tickles him'!
Little Blue

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 10:10:21 pm »
Its a lot cheaper if you can take your goats to the vets, saves the call-out charge. But depends on how far you are away and what transport you have. Mine get their procedures done in the car park, but they are fairly docile (GG and BT type).

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS