Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Large black feeding regime..... I've got it wrong again :-(  (Read 10093 times)

Sasha

• Joined Dec 2013
Re: Large black feeding regime..... I've got it wrong again :-(
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2014, 07:49:16 am »
just a reminder that if you mix your own feeds, then you need a license...... ::) of course im sure you meant you put different grains in different troughs... :innocent:

They're all kept in separate bins and I just scoop them into the bucket to take them in and I feed on the floor - surely I don't need a licence to do that?

CharingPorkPantry

• Joined Nov 2014
Re: Large black feeding regime..... I've got it wrong again :-(
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2014, 10:16:36 am »
Hello,

First time replier. Long time LB lover! I breed purely LB's and we had the same problems when we started. They are good doers for sure. I abide by the 20 minute rule and feed an Allen and Page rare breed feed (pricey!). Nowadays we have really consistent fat levels. I think it is as much about getting your eye in as it is changing feeds etc. Mine go at 5-6 months and I watch them like hawks for the last couple. If you are grazing them or they have good rooting it will go a surprisingly long way! Definitely bring the protein levels down if possible. Remember that non traditional breeds are sometimes expected to make weight in half the time.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS