Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Farmers' market labels?  (Read 3047 times)

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
Farmers' market labels?
« on: October 30, 2014, 06:24:59 pm »
Hello everyone. Haven't been here for a while because of work stuff, but trying to catch up fast with all your posts!

Not sure where to post this, but I'm looking for a good printing company to produce labels for packs of sausages, burgers, etc. for farmers' markets. Had about a thousand printed a while back, but the company has now stopped trading, and I'm running out.

I don't want to print my own (tried that, but only got an inkjet printer, so not brilliant). Ideally, I need someone who will design and print if I send the artwork.

They need to be suitable for sticking onto clingfilm-covered packs which will be stored in the fridge or freezer.

I'd be really grateful for any suggestions of good suppliers.

Thanks in advance.
Liz

www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
Re: Farmers' market labels?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 10:14:18 pm »
Ah, well - the search goes on...
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 02:29:10 am »
I'm not here much either  ;) but do have a company to recommend - will need to search emails on the laptop tomorrow but I'll let you know asap  :thumbsup:

Susannah

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Pencaitland
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 07:20:24 am »
We use alocalprinter.com. Have never had sticky labels done but they have always been extremely helpful and accommodating, environmentally friendly and reasonably priced. Good luck.
Jacob sheep, Shetland cows, Pygmy goats, Chinese geese, Khaki Campbell ducks.

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 09:29:16 am »
Advance labels Liz, www.advancelabels.co.uk
I got all my freezer labels there, good price, good service  :thumbsup:

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 12:34:00 pm »
Thanks, both. Much appreciated.

recoil

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 07:01:33 pm »
I have heard nothing but good reports about a small printing firm in Oakdale near Blackwood. Don't know the company name and not tried them myself, but was going to see if they could print my next lot of labels. It would be nice to use a local company.They are just around the corner of Oakdale comprehensive.

recoil

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 07:06:40 pm »

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 11:47:55 pm »
Thanks for that. I'll enquire and see what they can do.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS