Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dingwall Catalogue  (Read 4319 times)

oor wullie

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Strathnairn
Dingwall Catalogue
« on: October 29, 2014, 03:05:00 pm »
Poultry catalogue for Dingwall sale on the 8th is now online.

http://dingwallmart.co.uk/catalogues_etc/Catalogues/d081114poultry.pdf

I'm looking forward to a rare day out.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
Re: Dingwall Catalogue
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 06:25:14 pm »
No livestock catalogue yet, anyone know anything about the hebridean sheep for sale. Looking for a couple of the ewe lambs. I like this sale usually a good day. Who's going.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 06:56:19 pm by bigchicken »
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

allyb

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 09:41:51 pm »
Yep will be there selling its gonna be a long day for sure

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 09:55:21 pm »
Allyb what will you be selling just to be nosey  :chook: :sheep: :&> :goat:  :cow:
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 09:18:26 am »
Still no catalogue  ::)

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
  • Living the dream in Caithness
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 10:26:39 am »
I called yesterday as we need to know what time our sheep need to be there and was told it should be available today or Wednesday. There was a list in the P&J at the weekend so I know there are another 11 Ryelands going.
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 01:38:07 pm »
Rest of the catalogue on line now  :fc:  for good buyers with deep pockets if you're selling !  And bargains with no one bidding against you if you're buying !
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 05:45:19 pm »
See the catalogue here:
http://www.dingwallmart.co.uk/catalogues_etc/Catalogues/d081114livestock.pdf
A good range of different breeds.

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 07:45:09 pm »
Thanks for putting the link on. I couldn't get it to work.

allyb

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 09:04:42 pm »
Big chicken we have Zwartbles entered along with some poultry and geese it hopefully will be good day  ;D

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 09:14:07 pm »
But of luck with the prices but I hope I get a few things cheepish, say hello if you see me I am over 6 ft tall bald grey hair with a moustache and won't bit.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 09:23:57 pm »
I was there ! I had a good day, a big sale the most poultry I have seen before at this sale. I was disappointed with the rare breed sheep very few with pedigrees as far as I could see. The lots that interested me in the catalogue were not up to scratch in my opinion and the one lot that I was going to try for I missed so it was a very cheep day. How did you get on.

allyb

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 10:29:04 pm »
had a fantastic day at sale sold top price gimmer for £500.00 so well chuffed, Do agree some of the rare breed lots looked rough  :) :)

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 10:54:49 am »
we bought the black Boreray tup yesterday  :thumbsup:
one sheep made a bid for freedom through the bars much to the surprise of the people sitting behind them  :D

had to sit on my hands when the BT goats went through but now I am smitten by Herdwicks  :love:

I need a bigger croft!!!!
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

crofter 65

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Wester Ross
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 06:00:46 pm »
We too need a bigger croft, my MRS took a fancy to the pigmy goats but thankfully realised the commitment needed to keep them, it was a long day with a lot of Zwartbles, ok if that's what you like, we sold a Ram he went through half way through the catalogue which was late in the day, a lot of folks there it must have been the biggest rare breeds sale so far. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS