Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from Caithness  (Read 5418 times)

froal

• Joined Oct 2014
Hello from Caithness
« on: October 26, 2014, 08:46:51 pm »
Hello, Thought I'd join as me & my partner are hoping to get some sheep as we too much land for our ponies so have done a bit of research on breeds we'd like so far we are interested in Shetlands & Herdwicks & Ryelands... :)  Zoe

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Hello from Caithness
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 11:37:52 pm »
 :wave: and welcome from Shropshire.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 09:29:35 am »
Hello and welcome from Carnoustie  :wave:

We have Coloured Ryelands and are very happy with them.

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
  • Living the dream in Caithness
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 04:57:09 pm »
Hello and welcome from East Clyth on the coast. We currently have 3 Ryeland ewes and 3 tups which are going to Dingwall Mart on the 8th November. You'd be very welcome to come and have a look at them.  This is a great place for advice and ideas.  :wave:
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

froal

• Joined Oct 2014
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 05:37:56 pm »
Hello  Everyone...!!!   :wave:

Going to town tomorrow to get a Holding Number so that's a start...!!  :excited:

I quite fancy showing our sheep when we get them having showed Ponies   :horse:& Whippets  :dog: for the past 10 years plus...!! Also to fill the freezer where it turns out that way who knows..lol 
Found this forum quite interesting after looking through some of the posts... :)

froal

• Joined Oct 2014
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 06:00:49 pm »
Hello and welcome from East Clyth on the coast. We currently have 3 Ryeland ewes and 3 tups which are going to Dingwall Mart on the 8th November. You'd be very welcome to come and have a look at them.  This is a great place for advice and ideas.  :wave:
Yes that would be nice to see your sheep...:-)  we are going to lookie to the mart at Quoybrae next Monday see what it's all about & hopefully Dingwall Rare Breeds on November 8th...:-)

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 07:59:13 pm »
 :wave: from Devon. We also showed our whippets. Good luck to you!

froal

• Joined Oct 2014
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 08:35:41 pm »
 :wave: Hello... :)

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 09:43:44 pm »

maybe see you on the 8th Treud  :wave:
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 11:52:39 am »
Sorry Feisty, it is OH taking the sheep to Dingwall as I am in East Lothian at the moment looking after my Dad who has Alzheimers. Watch out though - he is known to be partial to redheads !   :roflanim:  Hope you find what your are looking for at a good price.
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 08:18:35 pm »
well I shall say hello to Mr Treud then....I'll be the one sitting on my hands!
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 10:03:09 pm »
I have surgically removed his cheque book as we are selling not buying !   :roflanim:

froal

• Joined Oct 2014
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 06:49:08 pm »
lol.... we are only looking unless there is any Herdwick Ewe's there.... :innocent:  think for the Herdwick's we'll have to go to a breeder...!! Don't think we're interested in Shetland sheep now as just about ever person we have spoke to says they Escape....!!!  :-\  & for Ryeland's we'll hope fully get some of them at some point... ;D

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 07:34:30 pm »
I had Shetlands and they never escaped though they could have :sheep:

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 12:59:13 am »
we have Shetlands and must say they have never even looked at escaping, they like their home comforts too much

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS