Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: d  (Read 1729 times)

madchickenlady

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Old Newton Suffolk
d
« on: October 21, 2014, 06:28:55 pm »
My black Orpington has diarrhoea, I am intending to worm the whole flock but have brought Blackberry in and given her Verm-X but am not sure what to feed her. They are normally fed layers pellets which also contains Verm-X so am unsure what to do. She is a point of lay bird. Any advice please.  :fc:
Heather

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: d
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 06:51:45 pm »
Try worming with flubenvet. It is most effective wormer.

madchickenlady

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Old Newton Suffolk
Re: diarrhoea
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 07:01:09 pm »
Can I buy this online or over the counter or do I need to go to a vet?
Heather

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 07:45:37 pm »
go to farmandpetplace website, get the layers pellets containing flubenvet-they deliver for £2.99 (they will ring to check how many chickens you have). Make them eat that for 7 days-no treats and preferably no free ranging.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 09:05:12 am »
But - could be cocci rather than worms...

madchickenlady

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Old Newton Suffolk
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 05:50:32 pm »
Thanks all for your help, unfortunately my gorgeous Blackberry died today - really upset. Normally I am quite pragmatic about these things but I picked her because she was so lovely rather than for laying qualities or any practical reasons. Yesterday she was walking around the kitchen with me, then when I got home this lunch time she was lying in the cage at a really awkward angle but still breathing, I picked her up and held her but she was dead within minuets, first time I've cried over a hen!
Thanks for the tip re layers with the wormer added Lord Flynn, it will simplify things in future.  :thumbsup:
Heather

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 06:19:56 pm »
Sorry to hear this. You are not the first to cry over a chicken.

:bouquet:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS