Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Still looking for a Lleyn Ram  (Read 3242 times)

Lizzy2

• Joined May 2014
Still looking for a Lleyn Ram
« on: October 21, 2014, 03:45:06 pm »
Still looking......We need a Lleyn tup for our twenty ewes.  It must be a Lleyn ram.  Can anyone help?  Thanks for the replies we've had but we do not wish to buy only borrow or hire.  We have our own ram lambs born April/May 2014 but are too close in relationship to the ewes for us to use.  As it happens these are for sale.  We are not registered with the LLeyn Society and our usual source cannot supply a ram this year.  We have good clean conditions for our animals and any ram we use will be well cared for.  We will collect from a reasonable distance.  We live five miles from Llandysul in West Wales.

Thank you,
Liz

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
Re: Still looking for a Lleyn Ram
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 10:58:46 pm »
I spoke to Christine and she can't hire out as she's MV accredited, but she suggested you buy a lamb and eat him after his jobs done.  She thought you'd have trouble hiring now as those not needed on their home farms will have been sold or put in the freezer.  I know it's not what you wanted but might be you're best option.

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 08:03:54 am »
Not really sure why you want llen as you don't belong to Llen Society so can't register any lambs?
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Ladygrey

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Basingstoke
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 08:06:08 am »
doesnt "Me" have a ram lamb or any you could buy/use? I think he is based not far from you at all

Even if you buy one and then sell him after, or take him for meat in the spring

many flocks dont hire out due to health implications, I know that marches farmer does but most of the time its not possible

goodluck on your search

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 05:25:55 pm »
I have a nice ram lamb here. I intended to keep him, but have now done a ram swop, so no longer needed. Near Hay-on-Wye.
Looking for £80
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 04:59:27 pm »
Still looking......We need a Lleyn tup for our twenty ewes.  It must be a Lleyn ram.  Can anyone help?  Thanks for the replies we've had but we do not wish to buy only borrow or hire.  We have our own ram lambs born April/May 2014 but are too close in relationship to the ewes for us to use.  As it happens these are for sale.  We are not registered with the LLeyn Society and our usual source cannot supply a ram this year.  We have good clean conditions for our animals and any ram we use will be well cared for.  We will collect from a reasonable distance.  We live five miles from Llandysul in West Wales.

Thank you,
Liz
I bought one from leominster, the guys really serious about breeding quality stock.
http://bearwoodfarm.com/
this is his website.  I am registered with the society and get the catalogues, there are a dew in llandusyl, but I am not sure they have email adresses.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Lizzy2

• Joined May 2014
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 03:05:22 pm »
Thank you to everyone who has replied.

A very kind person has helped us out and brought over their Lleyn Ram (Gordon) and he has been with our ewes since Saturday. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS