Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: FRACKING BILL  (Read 1779 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
FRACKING BILL
« on: October 20, 2014, 01:22:30 pm »

Trespass Law: Right to Use and Abuse our land

Actions

(cbysupport@38degrees.org.uk)
Add to contacts[/color][/font][/size]
09:36

[/color]
[/color]

To: thesilversuns@outlook.com

[/color]
cbysupport@38degrees.org.uk

Dear All
The Infrastructure Bill, which is currently being considered by a Committee of the House of Lords, was amended this week by the addition of everything to do with fracking. It was rather a large "amendment" clearly drafted by the Government at the outset and kept secret until this week. Baroness Kramer, a lib dem peer who is, herself, head of an infrastructure company, was the one who introduced the "amendment".

You can read the whole amended Infrastructure Bill here:
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/lbill/2014-2015/0045/15045.pdf

Sections 32-37 are the fracking sections, which provide that frackers have the right to
"use deep-level land (land at a depth of 300m) in ANY WAY for the purposes of exploiting petroleum".
Section 33 provides that frackers may:
1. drill, bore,fracture or otherwise alter deep-level land;2. install infrastructure in deep-level land (and keep, use or remove any such infrastructure);
3. pass ANY SUBSTANCE through, or put ANY SUBSTANCE into, deep-level land or infrastructureAND!!4. LEAVE DEEP LEVEL LAND IN A DIFFERENT CONDITION FROM THE CONDITION IT WAS IN BEFORE an exercise of the right of use (including by leaving any infrastructure or substance in the land).
That seems to be an extremely wide right of use - effectively saying they can put any substance in the land under our homes and then they can leave it there. So much for strong regulation. None of the mainstream media are reporting any of this except for the Guardian, so it may well be that you know a lot of people who are completely unaware that these changes are being steamrollered through parliament right now. Even though it seems to be extremely difficult to make our voices heard in the current climate I think we need to keep trying, by spreading the word about this underhand, undemocratic change and lobbying our own MPs. I have already written to Tessa Munt asking her what her position is about this. If you would like to email her, her address is: tessa.munt.mp@parliament.uk There will have to be a vote on this at some point (probably soon) and we need to let her know that she will not be representing her constituents if she votes for this.Th e petition is now at 5750+ people - THANK YOU!! If we can make it even bigger that would be great!Thanks for all of your help,Sophie Tarleton@tarleton_sophie

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-fracking-in-somerset
Thanks

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: FRACKING BILL
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 03:05:07 pm »
I've signed the petition about# Scotland - perhaps there should be a nationwide petition rather than individual ones?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 04:08:45 pm »
There probably should and no doubt will be at some time but, until it happens, I'll sign every one that I see to stop this happening.

smiley bucket

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 09:16:20 pm »
Signed and shared on the face book.  This is my stomping ground and I don't want my family to inherit poison ground and contaminated water sources. 

Time to bring out Henry fords hemp oil fuelled car the oil co.s bought decades ago and do some good for the planet!
Pay our politicians minimum wage and watch how fast things change.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS