Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Possible Scottish Smallholder Conference?  (Read 6838 times)

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
Re: Possible Scottish Smallholder Conference?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 08:13:44 pm »
Hi yes yes yes ! And count me in for my hoof care lecture Demos on hoof care fir smallholders covering ,equid and all cloven hoofs !!! Pm me if interested !

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 08:24:08 pm »
Having lectured all over the world on matters equine hoofs could i suggest having different things running at the same time so as to alleviate the possibilities of people getting bored .i for one wouldn't be interested in some of the things suggested but if alternatives were on at the same time then at least i have a choice ! Any help needed let me know as i used to be one of the organisers of equitana in Germany and bring a fair bit of expo/conference organisational skills to the party !

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 08:43:52 pm »
Probably be eight sessions; four in each of two streams. Possibly one with a business focus and one with a livestock focus.

Of course, this means that you can't go to them all but it does give you choices  :thinking:

Actual practical demos / "try me" sessions we'll probably save for the Festival.

And hopefully, there will be time to meet up with friends and make some new ones  ;)

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2014, 08:51:09 pm »
This sounds great (if I can get the time off work or will I say I'm networking  :excited: :innocent:).

irenemcc

• Joined Sep 2013
  • H
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 10:51:09 pm »
Great idea.  Would love to come, weather permitting.  Ideas re poultry health/showing, pig breeding and fruit trees all would be high on my list as these are new things for us.  I may be of some use with the CAP stuff, although my "insider" knowledge is 4-5 years out of date (used to work for SGRPID), it still helps interpreting the language used.

southernskye

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Isle of Skye - Scotland
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2014, 12:07:01 pm »
Not read entire thread, so sorry if I repeat an idea, but how about something relating to working with peaty (and boggy) ground?
Whenever I read another enlightening tome on "smallholding/gardening" there is always mention of what to do with sandy, clay, loamy soils but never mention of peaty ericaceous land.
Rgds Sskye
Rgds
Sskye

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS