Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Chilli plants  (Read 7175 times)

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
Re: Chilli plants
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 09:48:19 pm »
Chilli Vodka,
 I wonder what that's like if it's chilli is two years in the bottle and ice cold out the freezer .

Could this thread be the start of a chilli vodka liqueur as well ?

I bet a nip of that  would warm gran & granddad up that much they'd have to send back their winter fuel payment . :roflanim:
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 10:22:04 pm »
 :roflanim:

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 11:35:36 pm »
Sorta reminds me of pink vodka... instead of gin and bitters use vodka and peri-peri sauce....

... and stock up with soft toilet paper.

Marlin.45

• Joined Oct 2014
  • Llangadog, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 11:44:10 pm »
We need a frost! Damn indoor chilli plants have been hit by greenfly  :rant: I have tried a weak soapy water spray so we will see if they recover?

Blondie

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 06:54:09 pm »
Every plant in my house has had greenfly, the worse infestation I've ever seen. In the end I spread with some fly spray. Wasn't the healthiest for the plants or my lungs but so much satisfaction from seeing the buggers flee like crazy!

Jakebob

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Stirling
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 10:21:43 pm »
My chilli plant had greenfly aswell (never had a chilli plant before) will it recover?

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2015, 09:41:00 am »
chillies are pretty resilient. I don't bother keeping mine over winter or taking cuttings - too much like hard work and heating costs and wife hates houseplants.
Greenfly can usually be solved just with oil/eco washing liquid solution sprayed frequently (as in once to twice daily if really bad). My issue this year was whitefly - which really is a nightmare to shift.

sss

• Joined Mar 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 12:15:55 pm »
Last week I heard about a suggestion of garlic spray to deal with green fly. May be worth further research.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS