Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Billy kids going tomorrow  (Read 1375 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Billy kids going tomorrow
« on: October 01, 2014, 11:48:48 pm »
All 5 boys (3 Nubians, 1 British Sanaan x AN and 1 Sannan x AN) are off to their new home in the Midlands tomorrow.  They have been bought by a Goat dairy herd who run 2,000 goats ......so the boys will be busy with ladies from now on.  I am pleased they are going for breeding and not for meat ....but ....sad that they will spend the rest of their lives indoors.  Today, as usual they were out in the paddock with the lambs, enjoying the sunshine, and even had a word with their mothers through the fence. 

Will be very quiet without them, and Darren is going out on loan for a few weeks - but on the plus side, that's a few less mouths to feed.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Billy kids going tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 08:22:55 am »
Having worked for 10 years at a huge goat farm (4,000 milkers) whilst the goats never went outside they had a lot more space and exercise than the majority of hobby goats.  The only time any spent in small pens were kids whilst on milk.  Even the sick bay was bigger than most peoples goat house.  Your boys should be onto a cushy number.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:24:51 am by Buttermilk »

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Billy kids going tomorrow
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 02:13:25 pm »
Yes, Buttermilk, I am sure the boys will enjoy their new lives .....once they see the ladies, that's all that will be on their minds.  Thinking about it - you are right - my intact male spends a lot of time from now on until the breeding season is over, indoors.

These people are travelling a long way, and did not quibble over the price, so I am sure they will look after my boys.

Just going up to the farm now, to get them inside ready for collection :(

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS