Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: good old library van  (Read 3296 times)

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
good old library van
« on: October 01, 2014, 10:47:28 pm »
following on from MGofM thread.....
we have our trusted library van that comes round every 3 weeks, used to be every 2 but with cut backs etc its now every 3 weeks.
Does anyone else still have this vital service?
The driver, who covers a lor of miles and a lot of people still keeps an eye out for books that he thinks I might like and keeps them aside for me  :thumbsup: and I must admit there have been times when I've read some excellent books which I have then gone on to purchase (usually from Amazon, much to my friends annoyance as she has boycotted them until they pay full UK tax!)
Its these little things that make like easier
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
Re: good old library van
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 07:18:07 am »
We live on one of the islands off orkney mainland and we have a library bus come every four weeks. I love it, it is an amazing service. They have a great selection of books for me and the kids and if they don't have something they will reserve it and bring it next time.  :excited:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 07:22:01 am »
We have a library van that drives past quite frequently. I have never used it though. I did ask about the service in the local library but they didn't have a clue so I just watch the van bypass me  :(
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 09:04:10 am »
ah Bionic....stop that van!!!

Its such a great service and needs your support! Plus if you get a library driver like ours you get all the news  :-J

Our driver is retiring shortly but desperately hoping we get another driver as good as him and that the council don't use it as an excuse to pull the service! the relief driver is a bit of a musician and ended up on TV going round here singing a song he wrote about the library van  :innocent:
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 09:31:45 am »
We had the screen machine visit our island this weekend. It's a mobile cinema that tours the remote areas of Scotland. It's an amazing facility. I took the kids to see how to train your Dragon 2.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 11:45:56 am »
the screen machine is with us this week but nothing on that I want to watch :-(

for those who have never heard or seen the sceen machine....here she is  :thumbsup:

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 12:16:27 pm »
We have a library van that drives past quite frequently. I have never used it though. I did ask about the service in the local library but they didn't have a clue so I just watch the van bypass me  :(
Where did you ask Sally  .... I'm sure Llandeilo library lady would know
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 12:38:26 pm »
Linda, I asked in Llandeilo and she asked someone else and no one knew which I thought was strange.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 01:12:39 pm »
Yes library   van  , screen machine , mobile RBS bank ,  fish / veg man and postie delivers papers     . ARGYLL

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS