Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A new Smallholder  (Read 4656 times)

JTFarms

• Joined Sep 2014
A new Smallholder
« on: September 29, 2014, 02:53:16 am »
Hi ,my name is James Bentley I live In Columbiana,,Alabama ,Shelby County Alabama, U.S.A. I own 10 acres  and rais e cows ,chickens, ducks, pigs and Oh course some sheep  and one border collie named Ben. I have  a small orchard of apples, peaches pears, blueberriems and raise a small garden for myself ,my wife  and 10 yr. old son  we look forward to learning and sharing  our. wisdom with you  Ya'll.  James
James

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: A new Smallholder
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 03:24:37 am »
 :wave: Hi James and welcome to the forum. You will always find lots of infomation for the various folk on here. 1 only have 2 acres so am envious of your 10  ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 07:21:09 am »
 :wave:

Welcome from arbroath,  in scotland
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 07:46:11 am »
And  :wave: from me in Devon. I have 4 acres and would love 10. Are any of satisfied with the amount of land we have? ::)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 09:52:35 pm »
 :wave: and welcome from Shropshire.

JTFarms

• Joined Sep 2014
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 05:36:45 am »
Thank You all your so nice  makes me want to move to Scotland  have 3rd grand father and mother on mother side of family  were from Aberdeenshire Chadwick was the name  my little  10yr old boy just loves Mist I believe the farm it ass base on is in Scotland Wind  Cutter Downs  is the name anybody  ever heard of it?
James

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 08:08:57 am »
I think Windcutter Down is on Exmoor, Devon. Just as nice a place :)

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
  • Living the dream in Caithness
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 04:35:53 pm »
 :wave: welcome Bentley family. I'm in Caithness, Scotland almost as far north as you can be on the mainland. Folk here are very friendly and helpful, lots of good advice. And admiration plus a little jealousy if you have an orchard of peaches  ;)
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 06:27:03 pm »
Hello!

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 08:31:50 pm »
Hello & welcome from the Scottish Borders :wave:

JTFarms

• Joined Sep 2014
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 07:54:50 am »
Sorry no peaches here that is some other people that live in the county below us Chilton County  that really are not all TRUE Bentleys at all that group of Bentleys was started from a woman whose last name was Bentley by birth but had sons by and man which no name was ever know so she give them the Bentley name anyways to my knowledge there was no father mention on any documention that I have ever ran across  as to a father. SO! I think they at best be half Bentley at most my Bentley got thir start in United States with William Bentley 1604  and my 2nd cousin is the Gov.'er of ALABAMA now running for a 2nd term this fall in November
James

JTFarms

• Joined Sep 2014
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 08:03:15 am »
Mara , i'm sorry i did list peaches . but anyways now you know more about me too! :farmer:
James

Marlin.45

• Joined Oct 2014
  • Llangadog, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 01:57:32 pm »
Welcome James  :wave:

I used to live in the US for several years but never made it any further South than Kentucky unfortunately. I hope to get down the Alabama at some point   :fc:

Paul

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS