Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: OSB Boards  (Read 1807 times)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
OSB Boards
« on: September 21, 2014, 08:59:23 pm »
Has anyone lined their goat sheds with OSB Boards
I have been given 10 sheets and was wondering about lining the stable out before splitting it into the 2 Billy Pens.
William never chews wood so he def wont chew it, Jasper I don't know although The pens at his breeders had no signs of chewing
Graham

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: OSB Boards
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 09:03:58 pm »
Our sheds are lined with OSB boards until about 4ft up, just to provide an extra layer of insulation and also some kind of kick-wall. Works well and no sign of chewing it - but mine do chew their wooden partitions, doors etc etc - mostly out of boredom I think...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 11:46:08 pm »
Mine is lined with Stokbord up to four feet. The kids were richoting off the shiplap and pushing them out of place and I could see a mass exodus into the veggie beds.

The shed is now warmer, the walls (and therefore the veggies) are protected and the kids find they bounce even better now. Win win.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 10:34:51 am »
yep OSB in our sheds  :thumbsup:

they did lick it, nibble it when it was new
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 10:55:13 am »
OSB here too - no eating problems either.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 09:40:46 pm »
Thanks everyone , Stable is now Lined and the 2 Billy pens will hopefully be erected tomorrow
William met jasper today quite by accident and apart from a little bit of humping they settled down to annoy Help us with the stable  ::)
Graham

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS